Iffy start, but…

Status
Not open for further replies.
We’ve needed a striker for absolute beards and we’ve signed 2 CBs, a winger and a CM. Was obvious we were never scoring in a month of Sundays last week and the same 3 start again. It’s almost like everyone else can see what’s going to happen other than the management.

We can’t afford to wait until the end of the window to bring one in, as we’ll be giving everyone a head start.

How many times was that said last season under Benitez when it was dismissed as BS?
This has nothing to do with Benitez, but I’ll indulge your whataboutism just the once

I think you’ll find Benitez got far more of a chance from the general support than his supporters claimed and it was only when things went irretrievably off the cliff that the patience wore out

This has nothing to do with Benitez, but I’ll indulge your whataboutism just the once

I think you’ll find Benitez got far more of a chance from the general support than his supporters claimed and it was only when things went irretrievably off the cliff that the patience wore out
No. That's re-writing of history.

Anyway, the substantive point was that you believe we've played well enough in the opening two games and are unfortunate to have no points. That for me just underlines how far our standards have been allowed to drop.

The two opponents in that game were never under any danger of defeat. That's because we have a passive team.

Anyway, the substantive point was that you believe we've played well enough in the opening two games and are unfortunate to have no points. That for me just underlines how far our standards have been allowed to drop.

The two opponents in that game were never under any danger of defeat. That's because we have a passive team.

standards have dropped because we only barely avoided relegation last season, thanks in large part to Benitez's poor management

I think people need to be realistic about where we actually stand in the pecking order right now

ironically Benitez truly turned us into the small club he always said we were with the way he gutted the club and Lampard is now trying to fix the mess he inherited

We stay up this season and its been a good season

Anything above that is a bonus right now

Playing decently and being unlucky to lose is a marked improvement over the Benitez Era, and it appears that with certain tweaks and adjustments we can actually start accruing some points, which is why I'm not panicking yet

Get Lampard what he needs and I think he's shown in the past two games that, though some of his selections haven't always been great, he can get us well drilled defensively and creating chances offensively

Give him someone to bang in those chances and a middling finish is ours, which is about all we're going to get in the next couple of seasons due to the damage done to the club due to years of mismanagement

Sorry, but this is what Everton is right now, and no one crystalised that more than Benitez

We have had two narrow defeats. Agreed zero points not good enough - but usually we would have taken something from those games playing at the level we did.
Unfortunately, without a focal point we are inviting pressure… the ball was coming straight back.
Gordon played well when moved to the left, but when he was central he lacked the intensity to press and strength to win and hold up the ball. I think it should be last time we see him in a central role.

standards have dropped because we only barely avoided relegation last season, thanks in large part to Benitez's poor management

I think people need to be realistic about where we actually stand in the pecking order right now

ironically Benitez truly turned us into the small club he always said we were with the way he gutted the club and Lampard is now trying to fix the mess he inherited

We stay up this season and its been a good season

Anything above that is a bonus right now

Playing decently and being unlucky to lose is a marked improvement over the Benitez Era, and it appears that with certain tweaks and adjustments we can actually start accruing some points, which is why I'm not panicking yet

Get Lampard what he needs and I think he's shown in the past two games that, though some of his selections haven't always been great, he can get us well drilled defensively and creating chances offensively

Give him someone to bang in those chances and a middling finish is ours, which is about all we're going to get in the next couple of seasons due to the damage done to the club due to years of mismanagement

Sorry, but this is what Everton is right now, and no one crystalised that more than Benitez
Stop blaming a manager who left 8 months ago.

He didn't set us up today...and he didn't sell Richarlson and leve us with Rondon.

Yes, we have to wait and see what unfolds this season, but the early signs are that lessons have not been learned and that the character of this team is still very suspect.

We have had two narrow defeats. Agreed zero points not good enough - but usually we would have taken something from those games playing at the level we did.
Unfortunately, without a focal point we are inviting pressure… the ball was coming straight back.
Gordon played well when moved to the left, but when he was central he lacked the intensity to press and strength to win and hold up the ball. I think it should be last time we see him in a central role.
I count the performances this season as passive. Not enough belief we can get anything out of a game.

A big problem is also how we're being set up.

We've played two games and have no points...and that's EXACTLY what we deserve.

I count the performances this season as passive. Not enough belief we can get anything out of a game.

A penalty denies us a point against Chelsea.

Lack of a striker denies us a point today.

Add on playing a side that gets injured players in the first half.

Things will be fine.

Stop blaming a manager who left 8 months ago.

He didn't set us up today...and he didn't sell Richarlson and leve us with Rondon.

Yes, we have to wait and see what unfolds this season, but the early signs are that lessons have not been learned and that the character of this team is still very suspect.

You entered his name into this discussion, not me

I won't have to blame him if I don't have to talk about him

beniball.webp

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back