Confirmed Signing Iliman Ndiaye

Y lie tho?

dog-stupid.gif

I recently got in the trenches with some of GOT's resident accountants here. Apparently it doesnt really make a difference.

So say we sign him for 15 mil on a 5 year deal, that will have a book value of 3 mil (15 / 5) each year. But making it pre-June 30th means we have a pro-rated value from say now to July 1st, then pretty much he'll have a book value of 3.75 mil (15 / 4) each year.

I'm sure someone will tell me I'm wrong but my general sense is that buying someone a week either side of July 1st has little impact on PSR. Whereas selling someone pre-July 1st has a big impact as you can put the entire transfer fee towards your PSR calculation.
I think it does. If we sign for a fee, that is an immediate book debt. That debt will be paid as a lump sum or over a period of time, likewise the transfer will be written off over the life of the contract.
The debt is incurred this year (Book debt)
It is paid over a period of time (cash flow)
It is written off over the period of the contact (Amortization)

I would say no, he looks very skilful, the type that will amaze and frustrate in equal measure, his finishing is very bad.

But.

With the right coaching and high on confidence, he could take the pee

Im still 50/50.

For me, it’s how well we fill the other positions that will determine his success. He will get thrown to the Wolves if we don’t address RB,RW (and potentially striker if Dom leaves). We need a fully functional side. That includes width and a finisher.