Confirmed Signing Iliman Ndiaye

Status
Not open for further replies.
Another sensible but not exactly exciting addition. Has the trickery & enough turn of pace to break the lines. Something we’ve lacked in the squad.

He’s going to be a fume magnet when he’s off form.
I don't know what you're basing this off, most off form players are 'fume magnets' from everything i've read/seen Ndiaye is a very hard working player.

Lets make no bones about this, very underwhelming signing, Ndiaye at the age of 24 should have made a mark somewhere by now if he was going to make it at the top level.

I`m certainly not getting excited by Ndiaye for over £15m when so close to PSR, jibbed the PL when Sheff Utd came up and was very very poor in a poor French league, 3 goals in 30 for Marseille and 21 in 77 Championship games doesn`t make me giddy like some others on here.

I fully back Everton getting the deals done early and understand the Tim and Harrison signings, but Ndiaye I can`t see working, we played better with Doucs in a midfield 3 and breaking forward, this guy is not a 10, he is a second striker and will be ineffective defensively..

So wide off the mark with this it's unreal.

United offloaded their best players like him and Berge and never replaced them. Ndiaye was linked to a host of teams, including us, and chose Marseille who were playing European football.

He was played outwide rather than down the middle which didn't benefit his game. Still played 46 times for them and started their Europa League Semi final.

We've bagged a good player and upgraded the attack.

So wide off the mark with this it's unreal.

United offloaded their best players like him and Berge and never replaced them. Ndiaye was linked to a host of teams, including us, and chose Marseille who were playing European football.

He was played outwide rather than down the middle which didn't benefit his game. Still played 46 times for them and started their Europa League Semi final.

We've bagged a good player and upgraded the attack.
Agree 100%, this is a signing that could be in the Pienaar and Arteta bracket who had both been a little underwhelming before coming to us. Only time will tell but I think this fella is exactly what we need. He may not be a starter at the beginning but I think he will eventually cement a place in the starting 11.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back