Illegal Approach

Status
Not open for further replies.

Quim

Player Valuation: £6m
Just reading Moyes press conference in the papers this morning. Not quite up to scratch on how managers contracts work in there last 6 months as opposed to players but I'm certain someone on here will.

Surely Everton are entitled to some sort of compensation after Moyes comment that he was asked to Fergusons house. Incidentally he said "I thought he was going to take one of my players but he told me I'm the next Manchester Utd manager", disrepecting Everton for the second time in a week after a derisory bid for Baines. Anyway, I would have thought this approach would have to go through the club, and if so, have Everton got the balls to take Man utd to task over it?

Given the fact (I'm convinced he knew about this a couple of years ago, when Ferguson began talking him up at every opportunity) he ran his contract and his captains contract down so utd haven't had to pay a bean in compo for there new manager and first team coach, it would act as some sort of compensation. We have lost the, according to media anyway, the brightest young manager in the game. Not the view of the lads I go the game with but mp we may aswel play on it.

Sorry mate but that just screams out 'bitter blue'........... I understand what you're saying but shizz happens...we just need to move on and forget it.

That screams out plucky old Everton mate, Moyes has changed the perception of us and a lot of fans have gradually bought it. You can be sure Daniel Levy would fight it even if there was a sniff of something irregular.

That screams out plucky old Everton mate, Moyes has changed the perception of us and a lot of fans have gradually bought it. You can be sure Daniel Levy would fight it even if there was a sniff of something irregular.

i'm just not bothered about it........ we are starting a new era under martinez and i'm looking forward to that.... just out of interest, how would you have felt last season if the club had given Neville a new 1 year contract ? I bet this place would have been in meltdown ,, yet now he's gone you want compo ?? double standards mate.

I remember when SAF started mentioning Moyes about two years back...who cares anymore. Im not arsed. Not even bitter towards Moist, just glad that Everton has turned new chapter.

Your right mate I wouldn't have been happy, shouldn't have really mentioned Neville as he is not the point I'm trying to get at. Me point is, it looks like he has been illegally approached and in lodging a complaint Everton can both gain abit of money for the coffers, and more importantly shake off this friendly Utds little brother tag that Moyes has given us.

I s
Understand Your point and I'm looking forward to the Martinez era as much as anyone as I can't wait to go the match and (apart from the first 3 months of last season) watch us play to win again. However I do feel this is something Everton should pursue.

I think you will find that everyone is entitled to seek work and in the final period of a contract of empoyment you should be considering your options. The rules would be the same for all people on time based contracts.

Understand Your point and I'm looking forward to the Martinez era as much as anyone as I can't wait to go the match and (apart from the first 3 months of last season) watch us play to win again. However I do feel this is something Everton should pursue.

We won 12, drew 6 and lost just 1 home game last season.

Hardly the record of a team that doesn't play to win!

We won 12, drew 6 and lost just 1 home game last season.

Hardly the record of a team that doesn't play to win!

What about away from home mate? With some balls away from home we should've been fightin for a top 4 place last year?

Anyway not gettin into another for or against Moyes argument. The lads have answered me initial question

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back