Illegal Approach

Status
Not open for further replies.
Not if you don't tell your current employers?

There's no obligation to inform your employers that you are actively seeking alternate employment -as long as you aren't contravening your contract. For example, searching/arranging a new job during working hours you are being paid for. It appears to me that Everton gladly designed the contract he had that allowed him to simply run down and not renew.

Not sure what the issue is.....he's history, Roberto is the now?

The whole thing leaves a sour taste in the mouth but its time to move on. What Utd did was sharp practice but not illegal. I'm sure they'd be careful not to put themselves in any sort of actionable position. If Martinez can win us a trophy then he will have surpassed Moyes in my eyes. I want silverware not just upper mid-table finishes.

No plus marks in going down this road even if we had a case, for the few bob we might get is it worth it?

Moyes played a blinder in winding his contract down for years it's been common knowledge Fergie preferred Moyes the surprise is how influential his opinion at board level was. The global options Utd can pursue made it remarkable a non trophy winner with virtually no CL experience would even be short listed!

But hey ho they've made their bed so bollocks to Moyes and Utd just put it in the memory banks and give him pelters when he returns.

Not sure on managers but players can only speak to clubs in the same domestic league as their current club in the last month of their contract. It's the last 6 months if the club is abroad.

Moyes didn't engineer a move, his contract was expiring and he was entitled to sign on with Utd when it expired. No mileage in looking for compo, I'm sure Utd and Moyes' lawyers examined every potential scenario in this regard. Tbh I am fed up with the media circus around Moyes already. Looking forward to a new season with Roberto. Guarantee Moyes couldn't give a stuff about Everton football club now.

You can sign a pre-contract in the last 6 months of any deal.

No you can't. Only if you are coming from a foreign league.

I can't believe what I've read this morning. He was summoned to fergies house, and was told he was the manager.

All without our knowledge or permission.

What an utter ****

Nobody was as big a fan of Moyes than me, and I'm STILL gutted that he's gone.

But even I am now sick to death of hearing Moyes name.

Every other article on newsnow in the EVERTON section, is about David Moyes and Manchester United, likewise Twitter.

Type in Everton in the search engine and most of the Crap is about David Moyes and Manchester United.

He's gone, history, and I wish we didn't have to see his bloody name crop up in Everton related stories.

Roberto Martinez is the Everton manager, I'd much rather be reading about him and the future of Everton Football club, NOT our past manager who is now managing another club.

No you can't. Only if you are coming from a foreign league.

I can't believe what I've read this morning. He was summoned to fergies house, and was told he was the manager.

All without our knowledge or permission.

What an utter ****

Yeah. His comments are a disgrace to be honest.

Totally soured his time with the club.

Yeah. His comments are a disgrace to be honest.

Totally soured his time with the club.

lol, he said nothing disgraceful in my book & it certainly doesn't taint his tenure here from my perspective.

Some of the comments on this thread are laughable in their faux outrage over nothing.

Moyes the two-timer - glad the truth came out at last - just confirms my various allegations that he was only looking at his own interests the past season while most Evertonians believed he was fighting for 4th place forcing Neville and Naismith down our throats -
he could still have secured the United job without treating Everton like trash - throwing us out the back door and then returning to loot us for our few scraps of value for him to recycle - the man used us like a prostitute the past year and some still glorify him for that - eishhhhhh

lol, he said nothing disgraceful in my book & it certainly doesn't taint his tenure here from my perspective.

Some of the comments on this thread are laughable in their faux outrage over nothing.

You dont find the comments about;

A-- Meeting ferguson thinking he was taking a player

B-- Not thinking twice about taking the job

C-- Having better players

Insulting? Sorry but pretty much everything since he was given the job has been negative towards everton. As if we are small time.

How do we know he didn't?

Thats one of the points I'm making. The whole situation stinks, to be honest. Moyes knew at Christmas, I'd suggest. When Bill knew is open to conjecture. But if Moyes is suggesting he, Moyes, only knew a day or so before it was announced, Moyes is implying Bill didn't know.
SAF, Moyes and Giggs met for dinner in Alderley Edge shortly after the announcement, that is a fact. This must have been prearranged. Were was the usual 'Man Utd have asked permission to speak to David Moyes' ? Unless managers contracts are different. If they are different, and more aligned to normal business and not football, keeping an approach to headhunt staff secret is not uncommon. It is difficult not to avoid the coclusion that Moyes was offered the job as long ago as Christmas. It certainly does not seem possible that the first he knew was when Fergie told him he was retiring 'next week, and youre the new manager' I dislike the word liar in relation to anything about the crazy world of football, because too many people have a different concept of what 'the truth' is, but it is difficult not to use the word in relation to Moyes in this situation. Who else knew he was 'lying?' Certainly Fergie...but who else?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back