Illegal Approach

Status
Not open for further replies.
sheeds was on to that 'summoned to Fergie's house' info just after he announced his departure. Well in mate!!

On the issue itself: anyone believes the Moyes timescale of events needs their head feeling. He was running down his contract to save United compo cash. That's what a great blue that feller was. Mr Dignity getting applauded off the pitch robbed Everton of millions in compensation from the world's richest club.

I like that bit as well: 'I thought he was going to take one of my players'. How ****ing humiliating is that for Everon? Cherry picked at will by United as if we have no say in the matter...and now he's their manager he continues the policy of treating us like an arse cloth they wipe themselves on.

Laughing.

Moyes: "Oh so you want me to be the new manager of the biggest club in the world? Thanks for the amazing opportunity! I will accept, but first I'm going to sign a new contract at my current club, purely so I can screw you, my new employers, out of millions, for no reason, thus indicating to their fans that I'm staying, when really I'm leaving (LOL)"

United: "Great idea, Moyesy, after all, that (signing a new contract when you're planning to leave) is standard practice that has defo been carried out countless times before by other managers at lots of different clubs. Plus it'd be pyar funny to watch Evertonians FUME when you sign a contract and then immediately leave. It'll make you look a proper Judas LOL".

The moral of the story is you'd quite plainly have fumed and called him a judas either way. There is no winning with unreasonable people.

sheeds was on to that 'summoned to Fergie's house' info just after he announced his departure. Well in mate!!

On the issue itself: anyone believes the Moyes timescale of events needs their head feeling. He was running down his contract to save United compo cash. That's what a great blue that feller was. Mr Dignity getting applauded off the pitch robbed Everton of millions in compensation from the world's richest club.

I like that bit as well: 'I thought he was going to take one of my players'. How ****ing humiliating is that for Everon? Cherry picked at will by United as if we have no say in the matter...and now he's their manager he continues the policy of treating us like an arse cloth they wipe themselves on.

I'm sorry mate, but if your going o leave your job, you don't sign a contract knowing you'll break it in 6 months. In any job I've done, if I am leaving, I don't tell people I'll stay for 5 years just to leave 6 months on. He finished his contract, and moved to another club. What fund amusing now, is the people who were so against giving him a new contract, now appear to be the ones whining when he has taken the opportunity to go to one of the many better opportunities he has been presented with. Ken wright should have signed him down to a long term deal 2 years ago. His lying, meant moyes didn't sign, and cost the club. Stop excusing kenwright, blame the right people.

Laughing.

Moyes: "Oh so you want me to be the new manager of the biggest club in the world? Thanks for the amazing opportunity! I will accept, but first I'm going to sign a new contract at my current club, purely so I can screw you, my new employers, out of millions, for no reason, thus indicating to their fans that I'm staying, when really I'm leaving (LOL)"

United: "Great idea, Moyesy, after all, that (signing a new contract when you're planning to leave) is standard practice that has defo been carried out countless times before by other managers at lots of different clubs. Plus it'd be pyar funny to watch Evertonians FUME when you sign a contract and then immediately leave. It'll make you look a proper Judas LOL".

The moral of the story is you'd quite plainly have fumed and called him a judas either way. There is no winning with unreasonable people.

It's strange that you see Everton as looking to 'screw United' out of a compensation package when you acknowledge Moyes had come to an arrangement well in advance of leaving. I'd have thought that amounted to poaching and a price should be exacted for it. But you appear to wish to side with the outgoing manager and the world's richest club rather than Everton.

Isn't it the case that 'nominal fees' are paid between clubs in situations just like this when it involves players to smooth things over? But for you it's better to have our club waive that.

Richest club in the world come in and take the manager and three backroom staff of another club for nothing. And you're *laughing*.

Erm...*laughing*

Thats one of the points I'm making. The whole situation stinks, to be honest. Moyes knew at Christmas, I'd suggest. When Bill knew is open to conjecture. But if Moyes is suggesting he, Moyes, only knew a day or so before it was announced, Moyes is implying Bill didn't know.
SAF, Moyes and Giggs met for dinner in Alderley Edge shortly after the announcement, that is a fact. This must have been prearranged. Were was the usual 'Man Utd have asked permission to speak to David Moyes' ? Unless managers contracts are different. If they are different, and more aligned to normal business and not football, keeping an approach to headhunt staff secret is not uncommon. It is difficult not to avoid the coclusion that Moyes was offered the job as long ago as Christmas. It certainly does not seem possible that the first he knew was when Fergie told him he was retiring 'next week, and youre the new manager' I dislike the word liar in relation to anything about the crazy world of football, because too many people have a different concept of what 'the truth' is, but it is difficult not to use the word in relation to Moyes in this situation. Who else knew he was 'lying?' Certainly Fergie...but who else?

It is all difficult. I imagine moyes told kenwright, and kenwright gave his blessing, otherwise why would he not take action. In defence of kenwright, if moyes told him he wanted to join Manchester United, he had taken Everton as far as he could, what more could anyone do?

I'm sorry mate, but if your going o leave your job, you don't sign a contract knowing you'll break it in 6 months. In any job I've done, if I am leaving, I don't tell people I'll stay for 5 years just to leave 6 months on. He finished his contract, and moved to another club. What fund amusing now, is the people who were so against giving him a new contract, now appear to be the ones whining when he has taken the opportunity to go to one of the many better opportunities he has been presented with. Ken wright should have signed him down to a long term deal 2 years ago. His lying, meant moyes didn't sign, and cost the club. Stop excusing kenwright, blame the right people.

Unless you're pulling in £3.5m per year and built up a reputation of fostering/demanding loyalty from people who worked under you then your post isn't that relevant.

He may have acted *prudently* for his own means, but ethically he stunk the place out by running down his contract. I think it's very fair to assume he knew way before March he was getting off. The very least he could do is hand his wages back from then until July.

It's strange that you see Everton as looking to 'screw United' out of a compensation package when you acknowledge Moyes had come to an arrangement well in advance of leaving. I'd have thought that amounted to poaching and a price should be exacted for it. But you appear to wish to side with the outgoing manager and the world's richest club rather than Everton.

Isn't it the case that 'nominal fees' are paid between clubs in situations just like this when it involves players to smooth things over? But for you it's better to have our club waive that.

Richest club in the world come in and take the manager and three backroom staff of another club for nothing. And you're *laughing*.

Erm...*laughing*

I'm not siding with anyone, I'm looking at it objectively. When has a manager ever done anything remotely like sign a new contract in the knowledge that he was leaving, in the past? Do you think Martinez would have done that for Wigan had he been out of contract?

For Moyes to have signed a new contract in order to leave us with a fee would have required him to deceive his future employers (not to mention, us) and burn a multi-million pound hole in their pockets, just for his former employers. That is an utterly ridiculous scenario that doesn't happen. Anywhere.

It's not poaching, it's perfectly normal and happens all the time ffs. When you say "the richest club in the world" what you're saying, which is completely ludicrous, is that United should take pity on us and pay us when they have zero obligation to. What would United fans have thought if the first thing their new manager did was demand that they pay Everton millions for absolutely no reason? What would you have said if Martinez had done that to us?

It's hilarious. Are we really that bitter? Seriously.

Pretty sad to see the usual suspect continuing their, borderline weird, bashing of Moyes even after he has left.

He gave us 11 excellent years service and left when his contract expired for probably the biggest club job in the world.

There is no evidence he was "tapped up". He moved at the end of his contract. If the board had actually done their job and supported him in the transfer market he might have stayed.

But you wanted him gone anyway so why does it bother you so much?

I dont think people have a problem with Moyes going to Manchester United mate, deserves the oppurtunity.

However it appears that he knew from some time ago, however none of us know that. if it's true he was told that before the derby then its possible, but it's also likely that Kenwright knew about United's interest and gave them permission.

Oh, and it hasn't been 11 years of excellence for 60k a week, dont forget he was on 60k.

Let it drop.

Revenge will come from finishing better than he could achieve with us.

I wish more people would take this attitude.

I was Moyes' biggest fan, but we're Everton FC, not Moyes FC - those who want him back so bad can find their own way to Old Trafford.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back