Illegal Approach

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm sure Moyes would have told Round he was coming with him. So by your logic Round coulsn't have done it either. So who would you have had then?

I knew you were heading down that road. Its no good Moyes telling Round he was going with him if nobody else knew till the end of June ! Everton didn't know Round would be going, so they would naturally have had him as interim manager.

Lot of conspiracy theories about this, with Moyes having 2 months remaining of his contract, if united made an official approach and appointed him right away, we were going to get what? 1M? 2Ms? For a club like united and such an important appointment to them, they could have paid even 10M to get their man.

Behave Martinez is a young manager with huge potential, he was the best choice, nothing to do with the cheap easy option. The cheap easy option could have been the likes of Hughes and O'Neil, Weir.

And here comes another Kenwright apologist! Oh dear. Long live king Kenwright.

I knew you were heading down that road. Its no good Moyes telling Round he was going with him if nobody else knew till the end of June ! Everton didn't know Round would be going, so they would naturally have had him as interim manager.

You don't think Moyes would have told any of his staff he was going to take them with him when he was saying his goodbyes? That really would be taking compensation money away from us, even if they were paid any.

There's about 300 quotes of him saying that he had yet to make a decision because he was considering his options. He was leaving us under no illusions. It's clear that if an offer like United came in, he wanted to go. That is absolutely fair enough. If he had signed a new contract, the chance of such an offer would have been nil.

I'd like to move on with less of the needless bitterness, because he actually handled leaving very well and it's just tiring hearing people going on about how he's stabbed us in the back when he clearly hasn't.

The last thing I will say on Moyes for a long time is he wasn't an Evertonian like us. He worked like he was, but he wasn't and I'm glad he didn't try and pretend to be. We should all accept that for what it means and jib analysing everything he does and trying to be offended. When the season starts, we should get right behind RM and co and make Goodison evil for Moyes' return.

Yup.

He would've went to Spurs last season if he was asked. He wanted it. That's a a fact.

End of the day he knew after 11 years that he wanted to move on if the right job came.

Don't forget, he did the same thing on his last contract. He waited till the last few months minute before signing a new one. He contemplated leaving then.

But the problem he's always had is getting the job that's a step up from us.

He's been flashing his arse for over 2 seasons so he's kept his options open. Therefore I don't see a problem with him running his contract down as I'm sure, if he didn't get a job offer from a club that's a step up, he would've signed a new contract.

The itks on here said the very same thing. After the wigan game in the fa cup he began backtracking and looking at singing because no one was interested in him.

Then he got the United job to everyone's surprise.

If he kept it quiet and knew about it waay before then the only two people that knew were Fergie and Moyes. Can't see that happening.

He was here for over a decade. By the last few years he wasn't gonna be singing Pardew style deals after being in charge that long. He left it, saw his options, got a job.

End of.

Lot of conspiracy theories about this, with Moyes having 2 months remaining of his contract, if united made an official approach and appointed him right away, we were going to get what? 1M? 2Ms? For a club like united and such an important appointment to them, they could have paid even 10M to get their man.

Exactly. If they wanted someone, they would've paid for it.

Cunspiraceeeeee

Last edited:
My thoughts:

The one thing about working out a contract that is a tad different in football is that he's no longer 'working' for the club. Surely he stayed until July 1st to "work out that contract" but what was he doing while he was working out that contract? He was making a transfer offer for Leighton Baines for UNITED. So really, he didn't work out that contract. I guess in theory he did finish up the season but there was a month and a half to go after that.

I don't really buy all the conspiracy jarg. I don't like the Baines move. But it's no different than Roberto leaving his club with a contract still up after relegation and trying to bring in Kone, McCarthy, etc. It's football and it is a business. Yes, we can gripe Moyes 'loyalty' all day long. But if you were working a job at a pretty good factory making pretty good wages for 11 years and one of the top few factories in the world came in and offered you more money, would you say, "no, I'm loyal to this factory!" or would you move along and do what's best for you and yours?

Yes, I loved Moyes, and yes, I'm bitter about the situation. I think Moyes is one of the best managers in the world, but I also think Roberto Martinez could be a phenomenal fit here. I guess the bottom line is I want to get to playing games so we can talk about something other than the Manchester United manager and when the Red Devils come to Goodison we can run them out of Goodison, be it with our beautiful football or our scary new badge.

Not sure about all this

But Neville saying he was to leave everton half way through season saying he wanted to play elsewhere seems a bit suspicious. I think he knew full well Moyes was off to united and wanted to go with. Where would Neville go to play at this stage in his career better than everton?

Not sure about all this

But Neville saying he was to leave everton half way through season saying he wanted to play elsewhere seems a bit suspicious. I think he knew full well Moyes was off to united and wanted to go with. Where would Neville go to play at this stage in his career better than everton?

Didn't he say he wanted to play first team football? And that he would go to lower divisions if necessary?

Didn't he say he wanted to play first team football? And that he would go to lower divisions if necessary?

But he is now on the track to coaching which is at least good income for the long term.

Seriously some players sign their contracts on bosman or even arrange the transfer to be done after 1 season. Should he be put on "gardening leave" and forbidden to come to the club grounds?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back