In Bruges...

Status
Not open for further replies.
@ste d' indica this man knows his stuff.

Ghent is much much nicer.

Think of a Belgium version of York, but bigger, with one more cathedral, more bars than you can possibly visit and some of the soundest people I`ve ever come across.

It`s about 45 mins away on the train.

Aye, tis a top place to spend a few days. I was fortunate enough to be sent there by work for a conference. Went for a few beers the night before it started, got in with some locals, underestimated the potency of the brew, and had to present still a bit drunk the next day.

Good times.

@ste d' indica this man knows his stuff.

Ghent is much much nicer.

Think of a Belgium version of York, but bigger, with one more cathedral, more bars than you can possibly visit and some of the soundest people I`ve ever come across.

It`s about 45 mins away on the train.

Ghent was my favorite city in Belgium.

I do love the fact that pick any city in Belgium get on a train and most cities are roughly 45 mins away.

Myself and the missus picked Ghent as our home base and visited the 3 other big cities (Brussels, Antwerp and Bruge)

Aye, tis a top place to spend a few days. I was fortunate enough to be sent there by work for a conference. Went for a few beers the night before it started, got in with some locals, underestimated the potency of the brew, and had to present still a bit drunk the next day.

Good times.

Ghent was my favorite city in Belgium.

I do love the fact that pick any city in Belgium get on a train and most cities are roughly 45 mins away.

Myself and the missus picked Ghent as our home base and visited the 3 other big cities (Brussels, Antwerp and Bruge)

The Ghent Fest in July is legendary :

Full on open air free music festival with all types of music, but the best bit is that the bars that want to, can stay open from 5pm on the Friday night all the way through until 9am on the following Sunday. ( there`s only a few that do this, mainly in the gay quarter )

Those drinkers that manage to last the course get an award, those that don`t get a night in the drunk tank until sober.

My mate managed a day and a half, before turning lilac and collapsing.

I`ve had some of my best times anywhere in Ghent, absolutely love the place and the people.

The Ghent Fest in July is legendary :

Full on open air free music festival with all types of music, but the best bit is that the bars that want to, can stay open from 5pm on the Friday night all the way through until 9am on the following Sunday. ( there`s only a few that do this, mainly in the gay quarter )

Those drinkers that manage to last the course get an award, those that don`t get a night in the drunk tank until sober.

My mate managed a day and a half, before turning lilac and collapsing.

I`ve had some of my best times anywhere in Ghent, absolutely love the place and the people.

Yeah its class alright. We happened to stumble upon it when we went there. Had no idea it was on when booking haha!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back