Injuries

Status
Not open for further replies.

Saint Domingo

Player Valuation: £80m
We all know the narrative around poor recruitment, Koeman failing to inspire his players, poor tactical decisions, the indecision over the manager position, and the departures of key players. Whilst the footballing community have reacted with joy on what seemed to be the carcass of Everton, it’s barely been mentioned how we have suffered with injuries. God forbid if Sadio Mane or Harry Kane are injured then Liverpool and Spurs basically get a free pass and excuse for ever poor performance that follows.

We have Bolasie, Coleman, Barkley, McCarthy and Funes Mori out with long term injuries. Regardless of how you rate them they are 5 first team players all in their peak years unavailable to us.

How would any side in this league fare with a similar ordeal? Mane Clyne Coutinho Henderson and Lovren all missing for the whole season. Eriksen Alli Wanyama Trippier and Alderweireld all out? Mkhitaryan Pogba Matic Valencia Bailly?

I know we love to be super critical of Everton and not often ones to make excuses for our poor fortune unlike others, but there has been a bit of a perfect storm here. A horrific injury list allied to a horrific fixture list with the top 5 and some tough aways.

Would Koeman still be in a job if he has a fully fit squad and a balanced fixture list?

We've been incredibly unlucky with injuries.

And the worry is that Coleman and Bolasie won't be so strong when they return.

I dunno about Ross. Does a hamstring usually take so long to mend?

If these players went down during the season I would agree, but we’ve had the injuries from the start. Bolasie was integral for Koeman’s style of play, and when he went down Barkley seemingly took over. Yet even though we knew they were both out till Jan & one potentially getting sold.. we didn’t replace them with a similar player with pace and power. Coleman had been out for half a year already, yet instead of bringing in a new RB, we got Martina on a free.

I disagree, with a few more healthy starters and a different start to the schedule, Ron could well still be here.

Want to put some money on it? I'm willing to bet that I'm right.

..we’ll never know the answer, Bob. Whilst a fit Coleman and Bolasie might have helped the cause, I doubt they’d have made a major difference and Mori wasn’t a regular anyway. Regardless, managers have to cope with injuries.

We all know the narrative around poor recruitment, Koeman failing to inspire his players, poor tactical decisions, the indecision over the manager position, and the departures of key players. Whilst the footballing community have reacted with joy on what seemed to be the carcass of Everton, it’s barely been mentioned how we have suffered with injuries. God forbid if Sadio Mane or Harry Kane are injured then Liverpool and Spurs basically get a free pass and excuse for ever poor performance that follows.

We have Bolasie, Coleman, Barkley, McCarthy and Funes Mori out with long term injuries. Regardless of how you rate them they are 5 first team players all in their peak years unavailable to us.

How would any side in this league fare with a similar ordeal? Mane Clyne Coutinho Henderson and Lovren all missing for the whole season. Eriksen Alli Wanyama Trippier and Alderweireld all out? Mkhitaryan Pogba Matic Valencia Bailly?

I know we love to be super critical of Everton and not often ones to make excuses for our poor fortune unlike others, but there has been a bit of a perfect storm here. A horrific injury list allied to a horrific fixture list with the top 5 and some tough aways.

Would Koeman still be in a job if he has a fully fit squad and a balanced fixture list?

The major issues is our ageing, and out-of-form defence and no Lukaku replacement, and the injured players mentioned, I'm not sure they would have improved the situation that markedly.

We've been incredibly unlucky with injuries.

And the worry is that Coleman and Bolasie won't be so strong when they return.

I dunno about Ross. Does a hamstring usually take so long to mend?
For ever.

I think I'd rather a broken leg than a hammy injury and certainly a ligament injury. Bones always come back stronger, the others don't.

Disclaimer .... never broken a bone, though I have suffered the others.

Status
Not open for further replies.