Injuries

Status
Not open for further replies.
Not sure how anyone watching Williams this season can claim that a fully fit Argentine international defender would not be an upgrade on him. Keane and Funes Mori would be a good pairing.
I'd rather have a dead Robin Williams in defence than an alive Ashley bleedin' Williams. He really has proven to be a terribly bad buy. No leadership, slow, clumsy and all we see is him pulling his shirt over his head after another mistake.

Not sure how anyone watching Williams this season can claim that a fully fit Argentine international defender would not be an upgrade on him. Keane and Funes Mori would be a good pairing.
Funny how’s players get better when they don’t play. Mori is atrocious, slow poor in the air for some 6ft 1. Passing awful and makes plenty of rash decisions.

Funny how’s players get better when they don’t play. Mori is atrocious, slow poor in the air for some 6ft 1. Passing awful and makes plenty of rash decisions.
He's great in the air! It's with the ball at his feet where he's had a few problems. I'd love him to come back and form a good partnership with Keane. Given time and not too much pressure (i.e. we ought to be way clear of relegation come mid January yet won't be challenging top 6) I think they could be a good team.

He's great in the air! It's with the ball at his feet where he's had a few problems. I'd love him to come back and form a good partnership with Keane. Given time and not too much pressure (i.e. we ought to be way clear of relegation come mid January yet won't be challenging top 6) I think they could be a good team.
To slow, need at least one pacey defender.
And he’s not that great in the air. When West Ham best is 3-2 From 2 nil down. He was at fault for a couple of goals by getting beaten to easy on the edge of our box.

And when John terry scored in the 98th minute he got out jumped by a midget in our box. I don’t rate him and wouldn’t be bothered if he never played again for us.

Funes Mori isn't good enough for us. Having said that, he's probably better than Keane, Williams and Jagielka on present form. Jags has been good for us over the years - his partnership with Lescott was outstanding - but he's now well past it and should have been replaced at least two years ago. Williams looked good for Wales in the 2015 Euros but since then he's been a disappointment, and Keane looks totally lost.

Large Samuel must sign at least two defenders as soon as the window opens.

Funes Mori isn't good enough for us. Having said that, he's probably better than Keane, Williams and Jagielka on present form. Jags has been good for us over the years - his partnership with Lescott was outstanding - but he's now well past it and should have been replaced at least two years ago. Williams looked good for Wales in the 2015 Euros but since then he's been a disappointment, and Keane looks totally lost.

Large Samuel must sign at least two defenders as soon as the window opens.
As long as one of them is not that grock Collins.....

it's so [Poor language removed] typical. How are we constantly getting players with massively long lay offs? I suppose the bright light is that he may be back just in time for pre-season light training, but highly unlikely he'd be able to hit the group running in august.

it's so [Poor language removed] typical. How are we constantly getting players with massively long lay offs? I suppose the bright light is that he may be back just in time for pre-season light training, but highly unlikely he'd be able to hit the group running in august.

We’re currently 6-9 points off some very overhyped sides who have been virtually injury free to their key players. Does make you think.

We’re currently 6-9 points off some very overhyped sides who have been virtually injury free to their key players. Does make you think.

exactly. I do think our fans are guilty of hyping up a player too much when they're out injured. I mean nobody on here says mori is any good, but all of a sudden we started missing him. I know he'd have been as bad as keane, jags and williams were though, but in that instance, it was our own fault, it happened before the season started, we could have rectified it.

But 5 or 6 players all with long term injuries, we can't just go out and buy replacements for them all, our squad would be about 40 players big!

You don’t play for Argentina if you’re crap, sorry but you just don’t.

There is a player there, my hope is that Allardyce has time with him to get him tip top on the basics and get the best out of him.

Besides, he would be a huge benefit at left back right now.

Status
Not open for further replies.