Interesting grauniad article

Status
Not open for further replies.

chrismpw

Player Valuation: £70m
A good summary.
I had to read this bit three times before it registered and made me think - i don't know what to think. What does this say?

SmartSelect_20210806-110128_Chrome.jpg

It's a decent and honest preview as ever with the Graun.

Think that's saying that if you manage us, you have to be prepared to get your hands dirty, and Benitez will do so.

Or that Everton will always be rubbish regardless of manager. Probably the latter actually.

It's a decent and honest preview as ever with the Graun.

Think that's saying that if you manage us, you have to be prepared to get your hands dirty, and Benitez will do so.

Or that Everton will always be rubbish regardless of manager. Probably the latter actually.
It points to the curse we're under, the one involving the rs pact with the devil. This is said more from the point of view of overwhelming evidence than any belief in gods or magic.

So, basically we’re doomed, the managers of Real Madrid, Barcelona and Belgium couldn’t save us and Moshiri veers uncontrolled from one crisis to another. Seems about right to me , and what I’ve come to expect of Everton, but then again I wouldn’t have it any other way, UTFT!

Inappropriate Language
So, basically we’re doomed, the managers of Real Madrid, Barcelona and Belgium couldn’t save us and Moshiri veers uncontrolled from one crisis to another. Seems about right to me , and what I’ve come to expect of Everton, but then again I wouldn’t have it any other way, UTFT!
That RM and Barca have these former Blues at the wheel is less a testimonial to these manager’s quality than to the dire straits of those clubs who are way more f***than Everton if that is even possible.
Mo money mo problems.

I do think Martinez has rehabilitated himself at Belgium.

I think so too. He was naive at Everton, but he's also lucky with the personnel at Belgium. If he has got some more tactical awareness, and 1- 2 other approaches that he can use in different matches and different phases of the game , he will be really good at his next job. Still dont think we should ever go back to an old manager, just liked him enough that I hope he wins stuff somewhere! I'm sure he's looking for the real / barca job one day - whichever club he has allegiance too.

Status
Not open for further replies.