Interesting read on Ancelotti backroom staff's approach to training

Status
Not open for further replies.
Is anyone concerned about this and with the players going revolt at Munich.

No mate, for the simple reason it sounds like they have a plan, there's a method to what they are doing.

Will it work for us? Who knows but it's already an interesting insight into how they will look to treat the players like men and not boys, getting then tk take responsibility for themselves and hopefully in turn the trust comes through from the players and is reflected in performances on the pitch.

This is why nearly all of the top players he's managed have said his man management skills are 2nd to none and it'd obvious he has a good team around him who can implement this.

No mate, for the simple reason it sounds like they have a plan, there's a method to what they are doing.

Will it work for us? Who knows but it's already an interesting insight into how they will look to treat the players like men and not boys, getting then tk take responsibility for themselves and hopefully in turn the trust comes through from the players and is reflected in performances on the pitch.

This is why nearly all of the top players he's managed have said his man management skills are 2nd to none and it'd obvious he has a good team around him who can implement this.

And in the process will hopefully seperate the men from the boys and speed up a few departures.

Deffo mate, if players can't get motivated to want to work for one of the best managers around, they aren't deserving of a place in the squad.

I hope a few of the young lads really make an effort and impress him as well.

100% He's the best manager some have and most probably ever will work under.

One example of separating men from the boys I noticed on the weekend was Gylfi v Davies. You have one established international going out of his way to shy away from the ball and a young lad playing out of position getting on the ball whenever possible despite playing poorly. Hopefully Ancelotti and his staff will be the making of our young players.

“The major thinking behind our method is essential to a team playing out Ancelotti’s ideas, whether that team be Napoli, Bayern or Real Madrid. They will always have more or less the same approach to the game. That is to run less than their opponents over the total distance of a match, 80% of the time. At Napoli that 80% has become 70 or 65%, so even less than at Bayern or Real. But as far as high-intensity and very-high intensity running goes, this Napoli team is one that sprints more than the opponent 80% of the time.”

Morgan is NOT happy!
Morgan is thinking, "I can be in that 20% if the other lazy sods put a shift in!"

Are there any of those left?
I havent a clue. Got one near me. I think. But then thats a long way for you to come to borrow a book. And then bring it back.
I dont bother myself. I tend to spend my days pretending to work but browsing the forum and either giving someone a finger (sorry) or a high five thing. Only get round to actually posting in the evening when Ive had a few and it all makes much more sense. By then I'm King Wit of Wellington.

Happy christmas up there

One example of separating men from the boys I noticed on the weekend was Gylfi v Davies. You have one established international going out of his way to shy away from the ball and a young lad playing out of position getting on the ball whenever possible despite playing poorly. Hopefully Ancelotti and his staff will be the making of our young players.
Spot on my friend. Davies makes mistakes, but he doesn't go hiding intentionally like some seem to and looks like he wants to make an impact. If he is guided right, he could have a very decent career ahead of him. I don't know what level he can achieve in the game, but you won't get to the top without having that attitude. Hopefully Ancelotti and co can coax Davies and his potential into a top quality footballer.

One thing about Davies is he's always looking for the ball. Great mentality.

Spot on my friend. Davies makes mistakes, but he doesn't go hiding intentionally like some seem to and looks like he wants to make an impact. If he is guided right, he could have a very decent career ahead of him. I don't know what level he can achieve in the game, but you won't get to the top without having that attitude. Hopefully Ancelotti and co can coax Davies and his potential into a top quality footballer.

I think he'd instantly become a better player with better players around him. It was tough for him v Arsenal when he was receiving the ball on the right and Gylfi was not coming to him for a the ball, I made a point to watch Gylfi closely.

As you say, who knows his level but the structure has got to be right to get the best from our youth.

Status
Not open for further replies.