Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Match Thread Ipswich Town 0-2 Everton - Saturday 19th October - 15:00

Your Everton MOTM vs Ipswich

• Jordan Pickford

• Vitalii Mykolenko

• Michael Keane

• James Tarkowski

• Ashley Young

• Idrissa Gana Gueye

• Abdoulaye Doucouré

• Jack Harrison

• Dwight McNeil

• Iliman Ndiaye

• Dominic Calvert-Lewin

• Orel Mangala '82

Results are only viewable after voting.
Excellent question
I don't know
We've got to be targeting three points against Ipswich if we're to be comfortably clear of the relegation spots going into the final month of the season. Which has to be our minimum expectations for this season. There's no acceptable excuses for playing for a 0-0 at Ipswich town, for goodness sake. No matter what @Saint Domingo has to say on the subject.

Sportinglife seems to give us a good chance though their writer clearly doesn't realise McNeil is playing more central this season...

Ipswich vs Everton​

In what has been a poor start to the season for Everton, DWIGHT MCNEIL has been the shining light.

The left-winger has been arguably their best performer, especially in attack. He's the Toffees' top scorer (3) and joint-top assister (2) through seven matches.
mcneil shot map

McNeil has created 23 chances for his teammates - 16 more than anyone else - which highlights his importance to the Toffees attack, and while his price to register an assist (9/2) did appeal, it's the 6/5 about him producing 1+ SHOT ON TARGET in this game that appeals most. The same bet is 4/6 in places.

It's a bet that has landed in four of his last five outings, and against an Ipswich side who have been very leaky this season - conceding the most xGA (15.7) and third-most goals (14) - he should get a fair few shooting opportunities.

Score prediction: Ipswich 0-2 Everton (Sky Bet odds: 14/1)

Hello - Town fan, in peace!

I’m looking forward to Saturday immensely, but am also rather nervous as to whether we can get over the drop in performance seen at the London Stadium, as Town need to get a win in one of the next three from you (H), Brentford (A) and Leicester (A).

Great to be playing Everton again, an established and well supported Premiership team - we had a good rivalry in the early 80s - when Ipswich were superb. I’ve been following your new stadium with great interest - it’s stunning.

Been reviewing this thread with interest, and you’re right to expect at least a draw, and some seem to suggest anything less than a win is a poor result.

I would say there are four factors about Town as an opponent:

1) McKenna is the real deal, he’s an unbelievable manager - both technically and from a player development and culture setting perspective. As The Athletic points out McKenna can tweak system/shape to suit opponents, or in game, unlike some of his peers.

2) We have been gelling an expensively assembled set of promising (young top level Championship players), despite being in flux we have been improving - the West Ham debacle aside. Delap, Clarke, Greaves look Premier ready, BUT we maybe lack Premiership nous. Phillips though has been settling very well - again apart from at the London Stadium.

3) The Villa performance was very good (draw), as was also the Fulham and Brighton games (draws against good teams) yes they maybe had an eye on Bayern Munich, but we genuinely had them on the ropes second half.

4) Portman Road can really get going and fire up the team, and the Delap equaliser against Villa was due to in part due to that (and his superb ability - you’ll need good centre backs against him)

Having said all that Saturday will come down to whether we can eradicate the errors and turn up the performance to 11. If you turn up and we aren’t on our game - it could be a happy away day for you, and it seems you’re in some OK form.

Also negatively out former Man U reserve captain and big prospect Axel Tuanzebe - who we rehabilitated superbly - is out. And he’s probably been our stand out player. And the jury is little out on Johnson from West Ham at right back. Big game for him.

Look out for our left back Davis… you’ll need a good right back against him and Jack Clarke. And also Hutchinson at number 10, picked up from Chelsea, he’s the real deal and had a good game for England U21. Also our captain Sam Morsy - a beast (maybe not in stature but work rate) - who loves a yellow card. Finally Jacob Greaves we are very pleased with his progress at left centre back.

It’s a huge game for us, and important for you to get away from the mire. As I’m sure Wolves will sack their manager soon and invest to survive. Perhaps as you will with your new backing.

Enjoy your trip to ‘sleepy’ Suffolk, proper ground, and we’re expecting more noise from you than your very quiet neighbours.

May the next team win - some on you blues!

IFiP

Gary Stevens scores his first goal for Everton FC on his first team debut against Ipswich Town FC. This League Division One game was played at Goodison Park, Liverpool on December 12th 1981.

I have a vague recollection of jigsaw scoring for us under Joe Royle to keep us out of a relegation battle in the last couple of weeks in ‘94.

I have a vague recollection of jigsaw scoring for us under Joe Royle to keep us out of a relegation battle in the last couple of weeks in ‘94.
I remember Rideout scoring in a 1-0 win with a couple of league games to go, it was a midweek match and the result made certain we were staying up, Andy King was queuing up with the fans, when asked why he wasn't getting in on a freebie he said " I'm an everton fan, want to be with the supporters"

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back