Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Match Thread Ipswich Town 0-2 Everton - Saturday 19th October - 15:00

Your Everton MOTM vs Ipswich

• Jordan Pickford

• Vitalii Mykolenko

• Michael Keane

• James Tarkowski

• Ashley Young

• Idrissa Gana Gueye

• Abdoulaye Doucouré

• Jack Harrison

• Dwight McNeil

• Iliman Ndiaye

• Dominic Calvert-Lewin

• Orel Mangala '82

Results are only viewable after voting.
IMG_8455.webp

Might try Sheerans new album, can’t stand the beaut normally.

Oh deary me

That’s the worst performance from a McKenna Ipswich team since he’s been with us

We had a last minute injury crisis with our best defender this season Jacob Greaves injured at centre back. Then two injuries at right back, with our excellent Axel out, then Ben Johnson gets a late knock. So OShea goes out into that position. And we start with a League One pair of centre backs.

But that is not an excuse for a very large no show from so many players. Ipswich can’t expect to get anything in this league with what 8 players giving a 5 out of 10 performance.

The 15 minute delay and then that no show, combined with the missed Jack Clarke chance, and crucially swapping ends at kick-off - was that a Dyche plan?! - meant our normally excellent home atmosphere was virtually silent.

But credit to Everton, you had an ability to go into a structured deep two lines that was impenetrable, and you bossed the middle of the park. Dacoure the stand out player for me.

It wasn’t a penalty. But you could also argue that it wasn’t something VAR should be involved in.

We huffed and puffed but weren’t going to ever score. It’s a shame you didn’t get to see a real McKenna team or a true Portman Road atmosphere.

It was funny that on about 87mins when I think you knew the 3 points were yours the away end just went into a superb period of noise, which was by far the best we’ve seen in the Premier League - your local rivals were much more subdued.

I can see why Dyche frustrates, there was so serious slowing of the game - but you just had better players and he did set you up well. And actually you were quite speedy in transition which I wasn’t expecting.

Calvert-Lewin should have had a hatrick and for the wages he’s on he should have done.

But I would conclude that you beat a Town side that simple didn’t turn up. If we’d had the level of performance of Villa or Fulham, I think we’d be close to getting 3 points.

This Town TV channel is well worth a watch, with an ex player and discussion of the difference in level:

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back