"Is David Moyes Really As Good As People Make Out?"

Status
Not open for further replies.
That article is awful. Wasn't worth sitting down with my noodles to that. Mentions big money signings, one being Van der Meyde who signed for under £2 mill and had unforseen injury problems but when he did play well, he had one of the best crosses I've ever seen. It left out our biggest signing, Marouane Fellaini, arguably the best defensive midfielder in the prem.
who comes on as a cen foward ,by the way i agree with you on felli h

Well he sees it as a 4-4-2, but why was Beckford having to do the hold-up work if that was the case?

Was well proven last season it's not a role he can do.

Semantics. It doesn't matter if you say 4-5-1, 4-4-1-1 or 4-4-2. At the end of the day we had Cahill and Beckford as our front two. It's a stupid partnership that doesn't work. We then replaced the only true striker of the two with Fellaini; content to play hoofball with none of our best finishers on the pitch.

He needs to learn more from his successes, and not abandon what works at the start of every season. eg Osman in the free role.

Not saying Leon is a world beater but just having that type of player in there... between the lines of defence and midfield, makes all the difference. Still fuming that Cahill walked back into the starting line up, having abandoned us to go to the Asia Cup and then come back injured, and then done bugger all in pre season. Moyes needs to get a grip on Cahill and make him work his way back into the side.

Last edited:
Assuming Arteta, Fellaini and Saha were not fit to play, this team would have beat qpr.... mark my words.

--------------------------Howard------------------------

Hibbert--------Jagielka---------Distin--------Garbutt

Osman--------Neville----------Barkley-------Baines

----------------Yakubu---------Beckford--------------

This team offers almost double the threat than the team we put out does. Neville is a better defensive midfielder than Heitinga. Baines moves forward to act as a winger which he has done before and would do effectively, similar to coleman. The strike force would compliment each other with constant power and pace. The young Garbutt would not be too troubled on that side with QPR offering little threat with their team selection. This team would seem blatantly more obvious to be a better choice for the match, so why does Moyes persist with putting players out of position and fielding negative lineups. I'm telling you one more season with too many tactical hickups and i'm definately jumping on the Moyes out bandwagon.

Good article from EB again. I agree with his idea of a 4-2-3-1 with Arteta, Osman and Barkley behind Saha and with Fellaini holding.

I hate doing these formation thingies but to convey my point, I'd love to see this some time:

Howard
Coleman, Jagielka, Distin, Baines
Fellaini, Rodwell
Barkley, Osman, Arteta
Saha

That's a much better post than your one yesterday about wanting to lose tomorrow and so on.

I agree with most of it. I would say that, whilst I'd love a different manager from a tactical perspective, I do think without Moyes we'd be in a dire situation. If only because of how it might unsettle the players. He's been here so long he's a part of Everton, and not just the manager.

It's a lose-lose situation really. If nothing changes things aren't going to improve and if Moyes did walk (he would obviously have to walk -- he would never be fired) then things could get a lot worse.

Thats a given, some people on here seem to miss that. If Moyes goes, we go down, it really is that simple.
He got us higher up the table than any manager could have on his budget.
I was one of the optimistics in saying give the board til Jan until they made a c**t of us. Well you can have them, throw them to the dogs for all i care, they made a balls of this club!!!
Though now most of you are turning on Moyes is rediculous, we would have been relegated years ago if not for him, and could still do without him if he goes, but we wont if he stays. simple.
There is no one out there could do the same job with the same budget, no one!! and as for his tactical ineptitude thats bollox, just be cause he doesnt do the obvious move that most people are shouting at there tv screens does not mean he is inept, it means he has different ideas. He had an idea on sat to break down an 11 man defence and everyone nearly **** themselves when Fellaini came on for Beckford. But Felli was doing with ease was Beckford couldnt do once all game which was take it in and be a target man, saha didnt do much of that either when he did come on.
So, many more years of moyes would suit me fine.

IN MOYES WE / I TRUST!!!

Moyes football would bring a tear to a glass eye.

I don't think he's got any idea how big a club we are and what our history demands. I'd gladly watch him walk out tomorrow and never come back after leaving us with no strikers against the worst team that will come to Goodison all year. I'd love to pick tomorrow's Echo up and see Joe Royle, Peter Reid or anybody else who knows what it means to manage Everton coming in. Instead of moping he should realise how priveliged he is.

He will make these mistakes over and over again this season like he did last;

Going 1-0 down due to the same sloppy defending we seen all last year by a pair of CB's who can't play together.

Looking toothless up top because we had two players up there who can't play together.

Looking lethargic in midfield with Rodwell on the right who proved last year he can't play there. Nobody moving into space and taking responsibility, but not getting a b*ll*cking for it.

Leaving it too late for subs to have an impact.

Moving underperforming players around the side instead of just taking them off(Cahill)

Playing players on rep not merit.

Semantics. It doesn't matter if you say 4-5-1, 4-4-1-1 or 4-4-2. At the end of the day we had Cahill and Beckford as our front two. It's a stupid partnership that doesn't work. We then replaced the only true striker of the two with Fellaini; content to play hoofball with none of our best finishers on the pitch.

Beckford was shocking!!! I would have put Jan Mucha up front if it meant getting that dipstick off the pitch.

thanx tubbs,mark hughes on lescott, talks r still going on ,moyes there is no one higher than me there r no talks going on , the all time classic wayne rooney leaves this club over my dead body ,well in moyes lad

Thats a given, some people on here seem to miss that. If Moyes goes, we go down, it really is that simple.
He got us higher up the table than any manager could have on his budget.
I was one of the optimistics in saying give the board til Jan until they made a c**t of us. Well you can have them, throw them to the dogs for all i care, they made a balls of this club!!!
Though now most of you are turning on Moyes is rediculous, we would have been relegated years ago if not for him, and could still do without him if he goes, but we wont if he stays. simple.
There is no one out there could do the same job with the same budget, no one!! and as for his tactical ineptitude thats bollox, just be cause he doesnt do the obvious move that most people are shouting at there tv screens does not mean he is inept, it means he has different ideas. He had an idea on sat to break down an 11 man defence and everyone nearly **** themselves when Fellaini came on for Beckford. But Felli was doing with ease was Beckford couldnt do once all game which was take it in and be a target man, saha didnt do much of that either when he did come on.
So, many more years of moyes would suit me fine.

IN MOYES WE / I TRUST!!!

Why is it that simple that we would go down if he left? It's not like the players all play for him, if I'm wrong tell me why were usually out of everything by Jan and get knocked out of cups by no mark sides?

If he's such a great motivator why do we start seasons so poorly?

Theres a hundred managers who would and could finish 7-8th with our squad, thats all the so called messiah has done for the past two years. He kept a poor side up when he took over and he has had one remarkable season since which he deserves enormous credit for, but in my eyes his credit has run out. That was over 5 years ago.

The luxury of time is not something the majority enjoy, he's had a decade and got us nothing but pity

Moyes football would bring a tear to a glass eye.

I don't think he's got any idea how big a club we are and what our history demands. I'd gladly watch him walk out tomorrow and never come back after leaving us with no strikers against the worst team that will come to Goodison all year. I'd love to pick tomorrow's Echo up and see Joe Royle, Peter Reid or anybody else who knows what it means to manage Everton coming in. Instead of moping he should realise how priveliged he is.

He will make these mistakes over and over again this season like he did last;

Going 1-0 down due to the same sloppy defending we seen all last year by a pair of CB's who can't play together.

Looking toothless up top because we had two players up there who can't play together.

Looking lethargic in midfield with Rodwell on the right who proved last year he can't play there. Nobody moving into space and taking responsibility, but not getting a b*ll*cking for it.

Leaving it too late for subs to have an impact.

Moving underperforming players around the side instead of just taking them off(Cahill)

Playing players on rep not merit.

Joe Royle won the F.A cup not the league. And very nearly got us relegated too.
Peter Reid got relegeated with Sunderland with one of the lowest point tallies ever. If the club is that big surely we can do better than them?

We can and we would do better than them, thats why I don't understand your assertion that we would go down as if nobody would want to come to Everton.

Lots of big names would look at potential and think I could do a lot with those players, money or not.

Don't let that miserable fool tell you were a small club who will be lucky to finish top 10. As his own captain siad only Pienaar has left and we were tipped for fourth or better.

Status
Not open for further replies.