Is Goodison no longer a fortress?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Our home form has been dreadful throughout 2015.Most teams have left our place unbeaten this year, not just the big sides even garbage like Sunderland, West Brom, Leicester, Watford and West Ham(cup).
We are in for a long hard season if it continues
.Ah well only Chelsea up next.

Think yesterday was more the fact that they are just a fantastic team and we are still miles away from them in terms of competing.
However i do think we are also at a disadvantage against smaller teams because we seem to have forgotten how to break down teams that have just come for a point also the negative crowd can't help. A fella behind me calls them all names under the sun just for minor errors and obviously others are the same, makes you wonder why they bother if all they want to do is shout abuse.

More of a creche than a fortress based on results for over a year now.

Luckily, the media keeps calling it a fortress to lull the home fans into a false sense of security.

got too much time on my hands sorry.
best unbeaten run at home jan 12 - dec 14 2013 17 games (premier league).

prior to that sep 16 1961 - aug 24 1963 39 games.

I consider myself one of the most pessimistic people put on this horrendous little planet we have to suffer with, but even reading GOT sometimes makes me want to pop to B&Q's, get a rope and just end it all.

Goodison Park, when the fans are up for it, is one of the best places to be on earth - win or lose.

But what you have to understand is the mentality of most of our fans.

Our fans have had to put up with 30 years of mediocrity, and the fact that our club craps out propaganda we're all lucky to have been "chosen" and to still believe that we're still a "big club" on an inter/national level doesn't really help either.

Moyes was our manager for 11 years, and he built something - I'm not sure what it was, but it was solid and competitive.

We're now seeing a period of transition, the mentality is different and this requires time.

Status
Not open for further replies.