Is it Mucha time?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Just after opinions really.
It wasn't Howard's fault we lost today of course. Even the first goal was a mix of bad keeping, bad defending, but i have lost a bit confidence in our American.
Is it worth giving Mucha a go? We really don't know how good he is, but he must be wondering what he has to do to get a game. He's an international keeper who won't stick around if he's not playing.

What do you guys think of our current keeper situation?

As I said in match thread, outfield players get rested/roatated why not the goalie. It doesn't mean your [Poor language removed] and you should lose confidence.

I like Tim Howard, I think he is a good GK. But I think we should give Mucha a chance, what the worst that could happen? We'd leak goals? Its already happening. So its a no brainer. ALso, maybe a new keeper will instill a new confidence into the defense, because right now, it looks shakey, at best.

Even Stefan Wessels got games.

Maybe.

Not so much because we have to, as Howard, however poor this season's been for him, is still a great goalie. But I think it might give him a kick up the arse.

Then again, I don't think Mucha even speaks English. He's a good shot stopper, but then that's not really been the focal point of Howard's problems.

As I said in match thread, outfield players get rested/roatated why not the goalie. It doesn't mean your [Poor language removed] and you should lose confidence.

I like Tim Howard, I think he is a good GK. But I think we should give Mucha a chance, what the worst that could happen? We'd leak goals? Its already happening. So its a no brainer. ALso, maybe a new keeper will instill a new confidence into the defense, because right now, it looks shakey, at best.

Even Stefan Wessels got games.

I think you have a fair point here, but my gut still says Tim. He knows how to play big games, and with Chelsea looming, he stays. I don't think he's made heinous errors.

I think you have a fair point here, but my gut still says Tim. He knows how to play big games, and with Chelsea looming, he stays. I don't think he's made heinous errors.

[video=youtube;yztyn2eNbbM]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yztyn2eNbbM&feature=related[/video]

Short of dropping his trousers, defacating on the ball, and then rolling it into his own net, I don't think you can get any more heinous than that.

Beaten at the near post, alot of positioning was suspect as well, he looked more alert today the i have seen him, but still an average keeper we could do with improving he cost us points in my opinion.

Jan isnt the answer etiher for me.

[video=youtube;yztyn2eNbbM]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yztyn2eNbbM&feature=related[/video]

Short of dropping his trousers, defacating on the ball, and then rolling it into his own net, I don't think you can get any more heinous than that.

Buddy - that was weeks ago. Okay, I'll edit my statement and say that he made 1-2. Out of the many more than that he stops, everyone has a brain fart. And I mean everyone.

Buddy - that was weeks ago. Okay, I'll edit my statement and say that he made 1-2. Out of the many more than that he stops, everyone has a brain fart. And I mean everyone.

It was THIS season. The same season where we're struggling for points, currently in 13th...

And yes, everyone has a brain fart, but it's all about frequency. In the past he's done something like that once a season, at worst. He's already done things like that a few times this season. All kinds of mistakes, from poor reactions, to poor positioning, to setting up a poor wall, to of course the outright clangers like in the video.

I kind of understand all the points made so far. After watching the goal again it does look bad for Howard. It wasnt even high into the goal.

Anyway, I'll ask this. What's the pointin having two international keepers if only one is ever going to play?

I'm not sure what the relevance is to today's game, but I dont see anything wrong with getting some competition going. Other clubs do it without upsetting the applecart too much. I lose track of who's in for United and Arsenal.

Not really on topic, but I thought the save from Taylor's header against Bolton was [Poor language removed]. People seemed to think it was outstanding reactions - he was just miles out of position and did one of his unorthodox running flick saves to be cool.

Not really on topic, but I thought the save from Taylor's header against Bolton was [Poor language removed]. People seemed to think it was outstanding reactions - he was just miles out of position and did one of his unorthodox running flick saves to be cool.

It was an outstanding save. He made the save whilst he was going the other way. Thats not easy and takes rather exceptional skills. Was not exactly out of position either.

In answer to the original question, no.

Status
Not open for further replies.