Is it time to panic !!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
If anyone isn't worried, it's unbelievable.

Of course it's worrying, the squad for the PSV game was very threadbare, though don't forget Cahill, Anichebe and Vaughan soon to come in. What you've got to bear in mind is that Moyes is also concerned at the situation, and we may not know exactly how much money he has, but he defo has enough to do something about it. BBC Sport is reporting now that we're close to signing Love, and that negotiations are at an advanced stage over Smith and M'Bia.

Weve a quality squad even without any signings we are bang on to wait and be choosey over who we think will improve it. Ive seen us start seasons with well worse squads and do well.

Well done Bill and Davey cool = confident.

Last edited:
Of course it's worrying, the squad for the PSV game was very threadbare, though don't forget Cahill, Anichebe and Vaughan soon to come in. What you've got to bear in mind is that Moyes is also concerned at the situation, and we may not know exactly how much money he has, but he defo has enough to do something about it. BBC Sport is reporting now that we're close to signing Love, and that negotiations are at an advanced stage over Smith and M'Bia.

Vaughan has fell out with Moyes over the red card.

Anichebe is still at the Olympics.

Cahill obviously isn't near match fit otherwise Moyes would of gave him some minutes yesterday in a meaningless friendly.

Even with those 3, our sub bench is just awful, especially now we need 7 subs.

We had a small squad last season and since january faddy,wessels,carsley,gravesen,gardner,vidarsson,de silva manny and aj have all left and nobody has come in,now with us being in europe again however you dress it up something is very wrong somewhere.

I have a horrible feeling we will all be sat up till midnight 31st august watching sky sports waiting for our first major signing!!!! (I dont class the likes of smith as major signings)

There will be alot of rumors and nothing will happen.
most of the football last season was awfull, the big hoof!

I said on this forum last season that we would have to change the way we train/play Ie. Pass and move or bring in players who will play this way naturally. after the psv game it looks like we have done neither.

After we finnished 5th in 2005 we didn't change our style of play and didnt bring in enough quallity the 1-0 wins of that season turned into 1-0 defeats the next hence finishing 17th.

To challenge for the 4th spot we need better players and much better quality of football to unlock defences.

I think we are in the [Poor language removed] and thats with a fit squad.

I would of said Smith would have been a good signing when he was at Utd. But to my surprise Ive heard Newcastle fans hate him and that hes [Poor language removed]. Why would we want to sign a player thats not even good enough for Newcastle. That five million should be put into the Moutinho fund. Sign Moutinho MBia Milito and Love on loan. 30 mill spent - 12 from AJ. 18 mill. We have GOT to have 18 mill.

Vaughan has fell out with Moyes over the red card.

Anichebe is still at the Olympics.

Cahill obviously isn't near match fit otherwise Moyes would of gave him some minutes yesterday in a meaningless friendly.

Even with those 3, our sub bench is just awful, especially now we need 7 subs.

Why do you make these things up?

Why do you make these things up?

It's funny how Vaughan gets sent off, Moyes absolutely fumes the next day talking about it.

He's put on the bench for the next game and doesn't even come on and then he's not even on the bench for the PSV match.

Erm, isn't Vaughan suspended for a bit as a result of his red card? If he's not officially maybe its club policy to suspend players for a few games anyway if they do stupid things on the field.

Three weeks to go and still nothing!!!

The RS have signed more quality and will pull further away from us this season leaving us to fight for fifth at best but Man City, Portsmouth, Blackburn, Villa ans Spurs have all made good signings and will have better squads next season............

RS - taking out an extra £20m line of credit to buy a 28 year old striker with a dodgy knee who's career has peaked? You probably thought the same when they bought Crouch (sold) and Kuyt (on his way).

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back