Is Pienaar Looking Elsewhere ?

Status
Not open for further replies.
sounds like money to me.

at the end of the season we'll know what league and tv cash we have along with any uefa bonuses, and whether we have a shot at the golden goose (money terms) that is the CL.

I think we've got Pienaar in the bag to be honest. Its a done deal more or less. When you think about it outside of Everton who actually rates him? Not many.

He more or less dissapeared off the face of the earth in his "[Poor language removed]" period with Dortmund which is why we snapped him up on Loan is the price is so low. Even despite him being our best midfielder this season no ones actually noticed him. They'd rather look at the likes of Petrov, Elano, Anderson and Ashley Young at other clubs and don't see a creative influence past Arteta at Everton. Where supposedly work man like bar Arteta which again is a load of bollocks.

Pienaar for me has got to be one of the best signings this season by any club. 13 assists and 2 goals in 27 starts shows his contribution to our team and he's completely transformed our left hand side. A side and position that has been neglected for a number of seasons.

I've got a feeling Ronald Koeman at Valencia is interested but I doubt Pienaar would join Valencia. There a club in a big mess and I think Pienaar's dream at Ajax was to play and make a career in England.

I know he was a Newcastle fan as a kid so there always a possibility but its highly unlikely and they could be in the Championship this time next year......hopefully.

I think he's ours to be honest.

A bit strange because "i'll wait till the end of the season to see what happens" is a shift from the "I want to sign for Everton right now" comments before the African cup of nations.

It's surely all done and dusted. The fee is agreed and presumably terms have been agreed with him. At least I hope we've agreed terms. Remember Arteta ... :huh:

From what i've heard, it seem's like he's not enjoying it as much as people think.

From what i've heard, it seem's like he's not enjoying it as much as people think.

I heard that he had his hair the way he did against Portsmouth to catch the attentions of a certain, dog loving GOT member.

Again, that's just what I heard.

If he goes then I always told you he was gash, you know the rules.

Im not arsed about idle speculation and insecure gossip, if he's here (which he probably will be) then sound, if he's not then we'll find someone far acer and without a birds haircut. We're the winner either way.

I only posted last week about how iffy I was on this deal going through. Having read this now, I'm now certain he's off elsewhere for far more money.

He's fitting in with the players and that, but he was stalling on wanting to stay here and wanted to go elsewhere i was told.

Would make sense. Otherwise he would have signed already as the fee is agreed and everything. Honestly I don't buy the whole "distracted" thing. It only takes a signature.

The whole "I'll wait and see what happens at the end of the season" sounds more like "I'll see how this offer compares to offers from other clubs," and of course we will never match their salaries.

I would be devastated if he didn't sign for us.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back