Is the Championship that bad?

We would have parachute payments for a few seasons, but financially a relegation would be the worst case.

The gap between prem and championship is there.

I mean Norwich dominated the league a few times, but was far from competitive in the prem.
Burnley the same last/this season.

This👆
Not being arrogant but by the fact that we’ve not been outside of the top division for years, means that for a lot of clubs we’ll be their cup final, every week. And then the yo-yo clubs will want to stick it to us as well. It’s a massive ask for a squad to play at their top level every week. (Any magic inhalers?)

There could be a real danger that our transfer strategy could backfire and we’d be in the lower half of the division.
We would be the biggest team since united to go down. As you say we would be the main ticket for the EFL. We would be on almost every championship tv slot. This comes with the added pressure as you say, which I don’t think this club has the will or ability to match. So therefore let’s not find out.

Relegation is coming, either this season or next. Modern football is horrific, with VAR actually ruining most matches. The Championship, with loads more games and no VAR, is a competitive league that would be a throwback to how footy used to be. Leeds and Leicester fans have said how much they've enjoyed this season.

Just a thought for those currently in the deepest pits of despair.
I doubt we will be able to survive the Championship with regard to playing squad and/or finances.

A lot of midweek games which will probably see a fall in attendances. Away ends will be full though as every other teams fans will want to visit Goodison.

The amount of secret joy so many Evertonians will have when we go down is quite scary, they seem to be wishing it season on season, so they can finally say they were right.
They must be gutted when we stay up every year and look forward to wheeling out the ‘we are definitely getting relegated’ phrase around Easter. The truth is we won’t go down, and we won’t next season either, or the one after that.
Unless things change with regards to how we are run and changes are made with regards to how we conduct our general business, then yes we will go down at some point in the not too distant future i'm afraid.

Championship or no championship i'd say we're finished as a top level club. That's a bleak prognosis i admit but it's exactly how i feel. That FA Cup win in 1995 will forever be the only major trophy i will see this club win.

Act one was Heysel act two was Kenwright and the final act with regards to the ultimate destruction of this club was Moshiri.

At least i have my memories of 1995. It's the people who've only known the Kenwright era bullshit good times version of Everton that i feel sorry for.

Championship or no championship i'd say we're finished as a top level club. That's a bleak prognosis i admit but it's exactly how i feel. That FA Cup win in 1995 will forever be the only major trophy i will see this club win.

Act one was Heysel act two was Kenwright and the final act with regards to the ultimate destruction of this club was Moshiri.

At least i have my memories of 1995. It's the people who've only known the Kenwright era bullshit good times version of Everton that i feel sorry for.
I agree. Some of us may never see this club return to the top flight.

The amount of secret joy so many Evertonians will have when we go down is quite scary, they seem to be wishing it season on season, so they can finally say they were right.
They must be gutted when we stay up every year and look forward to wheeling out the ‘we are definitely getting relegated’ phrase around Easter. The truth is we won’t go down, and we won’t next season either, or the one after that.
Unless things change very quickly, you are going to be extremely disappointed.

I have said as much for years, there is no telling however the sky boys in the fanbase who only watch us because we're a PL side. "You only want a day out at wembley" of course I do, who wouldn't ?

Truly have fallen for Nev and Carra's propaganda. "Best league in der werld".

Exchange the word "best" for "corrupt" or "predictable".

When a large proportion of fans from clubs in the Championship do not actually want to get promoted to the PL because of VAR, P&S and the gulf between the haves and have nots - you know the football pyramid in England is spectacularly failing.

Until the PL is restructured or the scabs leave for an ESL, you'll essentially have 6 teams who enjoy it, a hand full in a purple patch few years happy enough finishing top 7-8 with the rest in acknowledgement that its either midtable obscurity or being part of an actual competition albeit in a lesser division.

The whole thing is sad.

Should have let them go when they wanted to then, rather than everyone kick up such a fuss to stop them.