Is there anyone at City we'd look at?

Status
Not open for further replies.
The crazy thing is, 90% of any Man City players would have take a 50% pay cut to join us.... ijjysmith would be proud of that sentence...

None of those names stand out to me in truth, all great squad players, but most of those would want 80k a week and wouldn't necesarrily start. Onouha would be worth a shout, doubt he'd want too much, the rest would be waaaay to expensive

You have stated what I was thinking in a much more eloquent way. They may not get into a "top four" team that can afford their wage expectations, so could they suck it in & play for less? Only them & their agents rate them that high, and City only rated them there because money meant nothing to them. Could they handle the expectations of less successful clubs that are scratching to survive in the real world?

Not really a fan of him as a person but Bellamy is a Moyes type striker. Honest, hard working and has scored wherever he's been.

I know he comes across as a bit of a nob, but i think he'd be great for us,he gets a cob on when his team mates ar'nt matching his work rate which is fair enough! So ye i'd take Bellamy aswell and i could see Moyesy bringing the best out of him!

The crazy thing is, 90% of any Man City players would have take a 50% pay cut to join us.... ijjysmith would be proud of that sentence...
None of those names stand out to me in truth, all great squad players, but most of those would want 80k a week and wouldn't necesarrily start. Onouha would be worth a shout, doubt he'd want too much, the rest would be waaaay to expensive

I am proud of that - good percentages.

I'd take about 3% of their players....De Jong and Hart. The rest can do one.

Aside from Baines, i'd take their entire squad if it was financially manageable. You'd be daft not to.

The question is "Which city palyers would want to come and play for us?" I would also like to see Bellamy come to us, I think he is our type of player and I'm sure he'd become a fans favourite.

Caicedo has been in not bad form for Levante this season (13 goals in 26 games, including scoring what was admittedly a gift against Barcelona last night), is young and probably would be quite cheap, but of the other names mentioned only Adebayor and Onouha do not appear to be past it, and Adebayor is grief personified whose ego would probably not allow him to come to us.

100 million's worth? Only if Adebayor is being valued at a fortune. None of them bar Adebayor excite. I would be gutted if we signed Wright Phillips, terrible player. Might as well drag Darren Campbell out of retirement and tell him to run fast down the line with his head down.

Keeley-Hazell-Manchester-City.jpg

Might be worth looking at

seriously ?? adebubu?? hell no- winging gunnem oney chasin knob jockey.
bellamy?? past his best
milner?? never fufilled his "potential"
onuha?? does he know which way to kick the ball
and saying you'd take the whole squad for ours? you need to sign up for the kopites.

Get a bit of faith boys and ambition. the only players good enough to play for the royal blue are tevz and silva. end of!

http://www.nsno.co.uk/everton-news/2011/05/rodwell-out-welbeck-and-milner-in/?

Realise I've just posted this in another thread but didn't see this one. James Milner and cash for Rodwell? Yes please.

Would like Adebayor too, very good player, when he's bothered.
If we got Milner and some money for Rodwell we'd be ripping them off worse than the Lescott deal. It'd be fantastic but it's obviously a fantasy. The NSNO post doesn't cite a source. Quelle surprise.

If we got Milner and some money for Rodwell we'd be ripping them off worse than the Lescott deal. It'd be fantastic but it's obviously a fantasy. The NSNO post doesn't cite a source. Quelle surprise.

Exactly my thinking, Rodwell could turn out to be a painfully average midfielder. He's shown nothing apart from brief glimpses to suggest he's worth £20m, and this summer will be the perfect time to sell him as his value will plummet if he has another fruitless year. Money and Milner (class act) for potential, sign me up.

Would definately take Milner, fits into the Moyes type player mould, hardworking, gets stuck in, but hes also got a bit of class and creativity about him, scores goals from midfield as well
Sadly i dont think we'd be able to get near his wages and i dont see why City would want to get rid really
Would take Adebayor for certain, think hes just the sort of player we need, can play up top on his own as well which would work perfectly with Cahill behind him

Status
Not open for further replies.