Confirmed Signing Jack Harrison

Status
Not open for further replies.
He has a 21% tackle win rate, that is like league 1 level stuff, also had alot of misplaced passes and was dispossessed last season (way, way more than Iwobi who gets slated at the moment for similar) We also shouldn't be touching a player with hip issues imo but that's another story. I'm glad it's only a loan at the moment.

I think his tackles and interceptions stats are quite good, no?

I havent looked at dispossession stats. Hes not a perfect player, but think hes a good player who gets goals. And if it doesnt work out, we dont make it permanent.

Well, tbf. Leeds have been saying he is out for another 3 weeks. All the stories are now saying 5 or more. If you take into account the fact that he has had literally zero pre-season, he likely won't be playing for teams until late October. It is possible that this has come to light as they are closing the deal.
He will score the winner on Sunday we just don't know who for yet.

I think his tackles and interceptions stats are quite good, no?

I havent looked at dispossession stats. Hes not a perfect player, but think hes a good player who gets goals. And if it doesnt work out, we dont make it permanent.

I think you have to go back and look at the numbers he posted for both goals and assists for Leeds in their first season back in the PL mate, that’s the last season they had a proper fit centre forward. He hasn’t played with one since then.

*Hopefully we will have one.

I think you have to go back and look at the numbers he posted for both goals and assists for Leeds in their first season back in the PL mate, that’s the last season they had a proper fit centre forward. He hasn’t played one since then.

*Hopefully we will have one.

I haven't looked at his stats for a while. But even 8, 8 and 5 from open play, while having an X assisted goals around Iwobi is very good.

I cant think of a 26 year old, outside of the top 6 who has the goal return he does from midfield.

It's also interesting, he assists in a different way to Iwobi. Iwobi is more through balls, whereas he is more crosses. So may well help Iwobi too.

If we were paying 25m for him, I could understand some concerns, but on a loan, its very good.

Logged off in disgust after the Villa hijack, nice, wasn’t expecting the rescue.

Can we have just one normal day Everton, just one.

Transfers are becoming terrifying.

Made up with this signing, been banging the drum for this lid since he was on loan at Leeds from City.
News flash....This is a Normal day in life of Everton F.C.
What would we do without it 🥴

I haven't looked at his stats for a while. But even 8, 8 and 5 from open play, while having an X assisted goals around Iwobi is very good.

I cant think of a 26 year old, outside of the top 6 who has the goal return he does from midfield.

It's also interesting, he assists in a different way to Iwobi. Iwobi is more through balls, whereas he is more crosses. So may well help Iwobi too.

If we were paying 25m for him, I could understand some concerns, but on a loan, its very good.
That Bielsa side has to be looked at cautiously. Hell for leather scoring or bust tends to end badly quite often.

He had just over 40 tackles last season and more than half resulted in him losing the ball, in general challenges+tackles he lost out over 50 times and had a tackle win rate of just 23%. He was also dispossessed of the ball over 60 times whilst running with it (way more than Iwobi) and also made nearly 100 misplaced passes (essentially it's running the ball out of play, but still it's a way higher number than Iwobi who frustrates most now) There are certainly some positives with Harrison don't get me wrong, and they are things we need in the team but there are a few red flags there if you take a closer look. It's only a loan though so it's not costing money at the moment.

If we were paying 25m for him, I could understand some concerns, but on a loan, it’s anvery good.

8 and 8 is very good, Arteta in his best seasons was posting just below that, different players I know, Harrison in very direct and takes the innititive, he will also press and support the full back, he also has set pieces. Hes exactly what we need and should be looking for really mate. I think he’s going to surprise a few.

We have some options now - Danjuma, McNeill, Harrison, Gnonto - may also be a goer….Wouldn't be surprised to see Iwobi go with Gray.

Last edited:

He had just over 40 tackles last season and more than half resulted in him losing the ball, in general challenges+tackles he lost out over 50 times and had a tackle win rate of just 23%. He was also dispossessed of the ball over 60 times whilst running with it (way more than Iwobi) and also made nearly 100 misplaced passes (essentially it's running the ball out of play, but still it's a way higher number than Iwobi who frustrates most now) There are certainly some positives with Harrison don't get me wrong, and they are things we need in the team but there are a few red flags there if you take a closer look. It's only a loan though so it's not costing money at the moment.
If any of you ever see me begin to descend to this level of boxroom virgin then please notify the authorities to immediately lock me away.

Oh and get the mods to perma-ban me.

Thanks 😘

JH656.webp

Iwobi cost 34m, so Harrison for "free" is a bargain.

If any of you ever see me begin to descend to this level of boxroom virgin then please notify the authorities to immediately lock me away.

Oh and get the mods to perma-ban me.

Thanks 😘
I’m going Wednesday night to watch my regular semi pro team with my mates. It’s rather scary . Nobody knows what “ Xg” is but we can all rate the players in front of us based on what we see six feet away on the pitch. Is it really so difficult 🤷‍♂️

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back