2023/24 Jack Harrison

Absolute workhorse, just his final product often isn't good enough.

Can tell why Bielsa loved him at Leeds but so far I don't think we've seen a player we should forking out a significant fee for.
For what I suspect Leeds would want for him, it would be a no from me regarding a permeant deal. Yes he works hard and can support defensively…

… but right now our creativity down the right is seriously limited. He’s not very fast, gets caught with players around him and his final ball isn’t great.

I've been quite surprised to realise in the last couple of weeks that a lot of people at the games don't seem to realise he's left footed they want him to cross with his right foot all the time.

Look man it’s just not a great collection of players. I don’t even mind what Dyche is doing but we also need to all accept that at some point we need to decide to stop doing it or we are going to end up down. This is one of the poorest leagues for many years because worse teams like Forest and Bournemouth stayed up at the expense of Leeds and Leicester while the teams that did come up are utterly awful. When that stops our brand of playing becomes just that much more on the edge and when you’re on the edge sometimes you fall over it.

So while today isn’t that day one day we need to wake up and start functioning like a football club in that tier below the top tier if we want to continue being that.
It isn't a great collection of players and Dyche isn't a great manager. But they've earned enough points to be safely in mid-table, and had massive fees and wages not been spunked on players like Sigurdsson, Gomes, Iwobi, Kean, Bolasie etc then we'd be a hell of a lot better off.

It's small steps, but first off we have to deal with stuff off-the pitch. We'll be very, very lucky if we aren't deducted more points in April. So let's not run before we can even crawl.

Doesn't mean we can't expect better on the pitch but right now we've got a threadbare squad and they've managed to get 27 points (and had 10 taken from them through no fault of anyone involved).