2023/24 Jack Harrison

Status
Not open for further replies.
Kilbane was a good pro and we were higher up the table challenging for top four in his time. It wasn’t meant to be disrespectful.

I didnt mind kilbane. He would run through a brick wall for the side. mcniell is a far better footballer though. Has already scored twice as many goals for the club in half the appearences.
KIlbane had no panache. He was as meat and gravy as you could get.
But i take your point about working for the team. At the moment i love everyone is clearly buying into the team ethos. You really cant put a price on that. Thats why we needed to get the likes of iwobi out of this club.

Nice to see a bit of genuine emotion in football in what is a very cold plastic and cynical era for the beautiful game.
Agree. I see a mother in ecstasy at her son's success. It's heart-warming. He seems unashamedly close to his mother. Lovely to see. Human beings who, obviously, have been through a lot together. Very authentic. No "brand" awareness nonsense here.

Jack Harrison: Everton seal season-long loan deal for Leeds United winger​

Jack Harrison to join Everton on a season-long loan without an option to buy

Clearly some conflicting reports then?
Same as Gareth Barry, but if the payer is happy to stay as he was, and we can actually stump up, it’s a moot point.

I didnt mind kilbane. He would run through a brick wall for the side. mcniell is a far better footballer though. Has already scored twice as many goals for the club in half the appearences.
KIlbane had no panache. He was as meat and gravy as you could get.
But i take your point about working for the team. At the moment i love everyone is clearly buying into the team ethos. You really cant put a price on that. Thats why we needed to get the likes of iwobi out of this club.
There's no substitute for class players, but the first prerequisite is the will to die for the team. Not every player has that, as we have seen to our cost over the years. One thing I will say about Harrison, he may lose the ball too much for my liking, but he's got heart and he pulls his weight. He plays for the team. That quality is so underrated in the modern game. And it's not like he completely lacks technical ability. He's a very useful, clever player indeed.

Zinedine gave his all for both Everton and Ireland and was respected by both sets of fans as a result. His ironic nickname almost became a compliment to his attitude. A club in Everton's position needs to get most signings right. That means we should be prioritising attitude if a player has reasonable quality. Give me Harrison over Iwobi any day.

No wonder his mam doesn’t want him to go back to dirty Leeds - some of the stick and abuse they’ve both had from their fans on x is unreal, just because his mam is in our away end watching her lad play footy?!? Bizarre.

His Leeds contract signed in 2023 always had a release clause. The figure is supposed to be around the 15-20M mark.

Whether there was anything different in our agreement with Leeds (no buy option was included) or the reporters just included we could trigger that release clause while on loan isn’t clear.
From what I read somewhere recently, there is a release clause of around 20-22m.

But I also read there is a further loan clause that if they don’t get promoted, he can go on loan with no loan fee again.

But we had no specific option to buy, just the general release fee clause that anyone can trigger.

The clauses Leeds have with many of their players is that they can leave on loan if the club gets relegated. They don't have options/obligations in there, the point of the clause is that the player gets to stay at the top level and Leeds hope to get promoted the following season then get their player back.

Most times he doesn't even get to the crossing stage as he blindly runs into people and falls over. If we sign him on a permanent the standard moving forward is set low.
I'm starting to see that aspect, as well as the Gnonto pursuit. I want that bit more, McNeil that isn't as quick seems to manage...

Often flatters to deceive, I think he lacks bravery.

I think he has less quality than McNeil and probably also Danjuma but dyche trusts him positionally and he does work hard.

One of them where he'll probably do for now but if we're struggling / want to take the next step I'm not sure he's the answer

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back