2023/24 Jack Harrison

…I actually didn’t think he was too bad today.

We all know him by now, he doesn’t run away from defenders and rarely goes past his full back but he’ll put his shift in and he’s got a decent tally of assists. I’m not particularly a fan of his, i’d like real attacking threat in wide areas but he’s doing a job. What you see is what you get, he’s not going to be something he isn’t.

…I actually didn’t think he was too bad today.

We all know him by now, he doesn’t run away from defenders and rarely goes past his full back but he’ll put his shift in and he’s got a decent tally of assists. I’m not particularly a fan of his, i’d like real attacking threat in wide areas but he’s doing a job. What you see is what you get, he’s not going to be something he isn’t.

I genuinely wonder what he'd be like as a full back.

Shown he can track back and defend competently so perhaps it would work better with more space to run into to get crosses and shots in?

Young went from pacy left winger to full back a season or two into his Man. United career and I don't think he was even 30 at that point.

If Dyche thought Garner had potential to be a RB/RWB then I'd consider it for Harrison.

I genuinely wonder what he'd be like as a full back.

Shown he can track back and defend competently so perhaps it would work better with more space to run into to get crosses and shots in?

Young went from pacy left winger to full back a season or two into his Man. United career and I don't think he was even 30 at that point.

If Dyche thought Garner had potential to be a RB/RWB then I'd consider it for Harrison.

….i like converted wingers playing full back but I’m not sure he’d cope. He rarely goes past the opposition so I think he’d struggle in one-on-one situations when he’s defending.

Puts all sorts of miles in, another player who couldn’t hit a cows arse with a cricket bat. Another game he has a great chance early on at 0-0 and cannot get his shot in the same postcode as the goal. He’s a good team player, that’s it. Because of his lovely hair and his pleasant disposition I can’t stand him.

Last edited:

Has some very good moments, but a LOT more naff moments. Not worth the money Leeds want for him (£20m). Like his workrate but he simply doesnt offer enough.

Be nice if he actually settled down and kept the ball for once
Ah Jack Harrison, with his 1 good game in every 10 form. Get used to it. He runs his socks off, but it’s just never consistent. I was disappointed when he left us to sign for Everton on loan, but as it happens he wouldn’t even get into our starting 11. It’s been a refreshing change us being in the championship. It was depressing being in the premier league, hoping that we are the 4th worst team after 38 games. Might do you lot good to go down, reset and start afresh.