2024/25 Jack Harrison

Protecting the lead in the 60th minute. Living in our fears. Dreadful substitution. I didn’t expect Lindstrom to go 90 but Harrison came on 20 minutes too soon.

….funny isn’t it, Dyche gets criticised for making substitutions too late and now he gets criticised for making substitutions too early.

For what it’s worth, I thought it was a strange substitution at the time.

His subs when we were winning yesterday unbalanced the whole team and invited Leicester on to us…. and as against Bournemouth when teams are actually coming on to us he doesn’t make any subs to counter that. Taking off our only two wide outlets then moving Doucoure further up was criminal. Going back to Harrison , he’s had a couple of decent goals and played well in the Goodison derby but otherwise a headless chicken running around, Lindstrom has more control of the ball and hold up ability.

….funny isn’t it, Dyche gets criticised for making substitutions too late and now he gets criticised for making substitutions too early.

For what it’s worth, I thought it was a strange substitution at the time.

Almost as if he's just a bad manager and doesn't know what he's doing

He was brought back for numbers and is one of Dyche lads.

What do I mean by Dyche lads.

No skill. Just running and defend stick up for the manager and Dyche will pick you.

….i suppose there’s an argument to be made for Danjuma but Dyche hasn’t exactly had many skilfull, effective options in wide areas, certainly not last season. I have no doubt Dyche wanted more threat in wide areas and appears to have immediately established Ndiaye in the team.

Only time will tell, but he started Lindstrom over Harrison these last two games and I wouldn’t be surprised if that will become the norm.

….i suppose there’s an argument to be made for Danjuma but Dyche hasn’t exactly had many skilfull, effective options in wide areas, certainly not last season. I have no doubt Dyche wanted more threat in wide areas and appears to have immediately established Ndiaye in the team.

Only time will tell, but he started Lindstrom over Harrison these last two games and I wouldn’t be surprised if that will become the norm.
Harrison did not enhance his claim to start with a particularly woeful display when he came on ,we still do not have that option off the bench of a blistering wide man and out ball like an elanga

Harrison did not enhance his claim to start with a particularly woeful display when he came on ,we still do not have that option off the bench of a blistering wide man and out ball like an elanga

…I find Harrison a bit frustrating, he’s a wide player who generally finds it difficult to get past his defender. He’s a bit reliant on being given the ball in a bit of space to deliver. He’ll get his quota of assists but you rarely see him in the box on the end of crosses from the opposite side, that’s important for me.

I suppose he does a job but I’m hopeful Lindstrom improves us.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back