2024/25 Jack Harrison

Everyone seems to say the same thing about him and I agree. Can’t beat his man, can’t really control the ball well for a winger and doesn’t really cross. All the attributes you’d need in an effective winger really. Only good thing is he’s an extra body just on loan.

I have said this before about Harrison, he is a nothing player and is bang average, his best bet is to play for a team in the bottom 3, that's his level.

He reminds me of a player way back in the early 90s Ian wilson or a Mark Pembridge, no pace and just not very good

Pembridge was more central, just the type of 90s central midfield that would run around but little quality on the ball.

Think I'd have Kilbane over Harrison although Zizou Kilbane played in a far more effective midfield so his deficiencies could be carried more.

Pembridge was more central, just the type of 90s central midfield that would run around but little quality on the ball.

Think I'd have Kilbane over Harrison although Zizou Kilbane played in a far more effective midfield so his deficiencies could be carried more.
Kilbane is the perfect comparison, both have plenty of endeavour but very little end product.

Kilbane is the perfect comparison, both have plenty of endeavour but very little end product.

Least Kilbane had height and strength mate.

Harrison just runs around a lot.

What gets overlooked on both him and McNeil doing that is they are often doing so chasing back from being out of position and slow to react. Looks like they are giving a lot of effort but it's effort players more switched on don't actually need to do.

It's emblematic of this team, lot of effort to make up for being positionally bad, Doucoure is another guilty of that as is Gueye often.

Least Kilbane had height and strength mate.

Harrison just runs around a lot.

What gets overlooked on both him and McNeil doing that is they are often doing so chasing back from being out of position and slow to react. Looks like they are giving a lot of effort but it's effort players more switched on don't actually need to do.

It's emblematic of this team, lot of effort to make up for being positionally bad, Doucoure is another guilty of that as is Gueye often.
Kilbane was decent, plus prior to being a professional footballer he was actually in a number of Hollywood movies.

lloydchristmas_400x400.jpg

Following his football career he's eeked out a third career as a successful football commentator, plus he married a really fit woman.

Kevin-Kilbane-Dancing-on-Ice-star-is-engaged-to-pro-skater-Brianne-Delcourt-1238114.jpg

Fair poos to him on all of the above - a highly successful working and personal life.

….not forgetting he ‘did a job’ in a side that comfortably avoided relegation, he was a cheap option for this season. Regardless, i’d have thought recruitment was the DoF role.

He was terrible yesterday but I totally understand keeping him given our overall plan is grind out results (hopefully to start from now) as he works very hard down the wing. He has enough in him to do his part over a season with the minutes he gets for a team looking to stay up. He will frustrate on the ball and will have plenty of bad games, but will be part of some clean sheets and wins where his industry will help.

Obviously I’d like to be looking forward and expecting more from our squad, but it’s all needs must right now for me. A relegation threatened side with no money is going to have players of this quality playing regularly

Another player who's 'best' position is on the left yet, we always see him on the right. We seem to have stockpiled those in recent years..

Another player who's 'best' position is on the left yet, we always see him on the right. We seem to have stockpiled those in recent years..

It is, but especially now he's not supplanting the current player on the left. Surprised he's never been tried at FB.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back