Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

• Participation within this subforum is only available to members who have had 5+ posts approved elsewhere.

Jack Rodwell

Status
Not open for further replies.
Happy for him to train with the under-23s to keep himself fit as long as he's not given a contract of any kind. I'm all for the club helping out former players in their time of need as long as it's just a leg up and not giving them a free living.

The big difference between this and Baxter is that Baxter is a multiple drug-test failing loser who insulted the supporters after leaving and even when he was at the club had an attitude that stunk. People like that should never be welcomed back to the dinner table and have money put in their pocket, what sort of example does that set to youth players who work hard and dedicated themselves only to be let go? Rodwell, for all his career problems, is a dedicated professional who has never disgraced himself off the pitch. Baxter is a druggie who should have been left on the scrapheap.

why did he not just stay and train with Watford etc,things like this to me, quite a few times lead to a deal,hopefully not though

Not good enough for City. Not good enough for Sunderland - NEVER WON A SINGLE GAME FFS - Not good enough for Watford.

We're being nice to him while he finalizes a move to somewhere like Crewe
They all wanted a midfielder. I'd try him in his original CB position. Can't be any worse than what we have.

Strange how some ex-players are embracing like Piennar who actively looked to leave but lads who have spent most of their lives at the club and fall on bad times, despite the thousands of £ each week, we just crucify them!

He won't play for us again so no harm, no foul.

He might even have a sobering effect of the younger members of the team aka Davies, Kenny, Lookman to remind them that the grass isn't always greener.

I have always felt he was a centre back and not a midfielder. Why not let him train ?, a former player, we got a good fee for him and I don't think he has ever been disrespectful towards the club.
If Silva sees something in him, then that is fine also.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back