Transfer Rumour Jadon Philogene

In a limited time period, where we have multiple options and agents trying to sell clients, with the need to strengthen our squad, it makes logical sense to wait for one thing to happen before doing something else?

ok- do you think we’ve got other players we are talking to?

or all our eggs in one basket till a decision is made by the player?

Hmm trying to compete for playing time against Bailey Buendia Diaby Rodgers Ramsey Dobbin Barkley

Or

McNeil Harrison Doucoure N’Diaye

That’s a tough one for a young championship player looking to build a career.

ok- do you think we’ve got other players we are talking to?

or all our eggs in one basket till a decision is made by the player?
According to reports I've seen who knows how accurate they are ,but we are supposedly attempting to sign two wingers this window so we're probably talking to several wingers who fit the profile we're looking for and other potential candidates in other areas of the squad right now as well I'm assuming they're not as far in the negotiation process as we are with philogene but we're definitely keeping our options open and continuing the search ,speaking to other players in case things fall through or if the two winger plan is accurate. Does that compute?

Last edited:
Right, but that makes no sense to me in the sport. Villa could just offer the same amount as Ipswich, and it would be exactly the same, no "clause" needed.

As this is selling a player and not some non-organic asset(cant believe I typed that) no one can force a sale of him so a right of first refusal seems pointless nonsense, and something that cant exist. All it seemingly would do is let the club make an offer for a player...........which they can do anyway. There is no way to bind Hull to sell to Villa in any way shape or form outside of a buy-back clause, because again, we are told the player has to decide. If he can still decide then it cannot be a right of first refusal.
It's not that deep really.

If Ipswich offer 18m and that is accepted then Villa come along and match it then ordinarily Hull are under no obligation to accept Villa's offer and would have no incentive to do so, more likely they'd say "we have a deal agreed, if you want yours accepted you need to bid more". The right to match that offer just means Villa aren't dragged into that process. They can match the accepted offer or choose not to. The player still decides but it gives Villa the chance to shoot their shot.

I'm not sure "first refusal" is necessarily the best way to describe it, but that's just one journalist's term. The clause itself seems pretty normal.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back