Transfer Rumour Jadon Philogene

I understand what you are saying, I just don't know why you are saying it. We will just be waiting for him to choose. If he's our top target we'll wait a bit longer than if he wasn't. We will have other options and if they agree to terms and this guy is still undecided we'll likely move on.

i’m saying it mate as how do we know we aren’t waiting on his decision before moving to other targets? do you get me

Think the clause states that if Hull accept an offer Villa have 72 hours where they can match it and it has to be accepted. The player of course still gets to decide.
I wouldn't say its made up, it's simply a contractual agreement between two parties that gives one the ability to be the first buyer. This party can match an offer made by a third party and purchase a player, or they can refuse to match it, in which case the seller can proceed to a another club. It's been around for a long time.
Right, but that makes no sense to me in the sport. Villa could just offer the same amount as Ipswich, and it would be exactly the same, no "clause" needed.

As this is selling a player and not some non-organic asset(cant believe I typed that) no one can force a sale of him so a right of first refusal seems pointless nonsense, and something that cant exist. All it seemingly would do is let the club make an offer for a player...........which they can do anyway. There is no way to bind Hull to sell to Villa in any way shape or form outside of a buy-back clause, because again, we are told the player has to decide. If he can still decide then it cannot be a right of first refusal.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back