Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Transfer Rumour Jadon Philogene

….read something on the other thread that we’re one of 3 clubs who have agreed a fee with Hull so it doesn’t sound like a bidding war unless we’re gazumped. All rumour, of course.

If Hull agree with 3 teams I'd say it's generally gonna be the case one team offers even more to become the frontrunner.

….i think it more likely, they agree the same fee and leave it to the player to decide. Regardless, it’s all conjecture.

Yup. One team out of the 3 offering a bigger fee will mean nothing to the player, the one who has to decide during negotiations. His agent COULD say, "look, Everton have offered more money to Hull", but I can't see that being too decisive once the real talk starts.

If Hull agree with 3 teams I'd say it's generally gonna be the case one team offers even more to become the frontrunner.
Their Turkish owner is having a crisis or confidence. But for poor home results they would easily have made the play offs. He got rid of Rosenior who had them playing good attractive football with Philogene prominent. I think the reality of the project to get them to the PL has dawned on him and by letting Greaves and Philogene go I think he's giving up already.

Their Turkish owner is having a crisis or confidence. But for poor home results they would easily have made the play offs. He got rid of Rosenior who had them playing good attractive football with Philogene prominent. I think the reality of the project to get them to the PL has dawned on him and by letting Greaves and Philogene go I think he's giving up already.

Put a love angle in that and it sounds like a tom cruise movie from the early 90s

Exciting player, instant improvement to our squad/starting XI, agent stuff is a red flag, the fee also sounds like going to become silly.

Original quoted fee of £16.5m sounds fair but reckon it'll end up well over £25m.

Those are exactly the players we want. Been the most successful signings for us.
Cahill, jags, lescott, bains.
We’re all decent sized fees at the time. 35m for two decent prospect is the going rate
Yes but they were not weighing up other other, they were asked and it was sorted. It's not like he's a wonderboy.

IMG_5862.webp

Beaten to our transfer targets by Ipswich. Everton are back!!!

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back