Transfer Rumour Jadon Philogene

The word from Bobble is the agent has indicated he wants to play for Everton (pinch of salt given the agent) but we’re not getting drawn into a bidding war. In other words we aren’t going to match / beat whatever Ipswich have offered Hull. So a bit of a stand off.
Yet ( another pinch of salt ) reports saying we've agreed terms with Hull.

Never know what to believe tbh.

This deserves more attention

icegif-365.gif

sit tight if ipswichona have bid accepted etc?

There is a risk in every transfer mate, you can’t leave yourself open, two years ago, everyone wanted Lewis Potter - he went to Brentford for big money and hasn’t kicked on as a lot of us expected, we all wanted that Sulemana and he went to Southampton for big money - I don’t think he was getting a game for them much last year.

If we have a value for a player we should stick to it instead of chasing it or else you become a mark, let’s not forget this lad had a run at the PL before and didn’t make the break through, he also had a couple on uninspiring loans in the Championship to.

We just signed the Championships best player the season before last ago for 16 mill - I doubt this lads value is actually North of that and I’m not sure, he’s a sure a sure thing either.

Last edited:
There is a risk in every transfer mate, you can’t leave yourself open, two years ago, everyone wanted Lewis Potter - he went to Brentford for big money and hasn’t kicked on as a lot of us expected, we all wanted that Sulemena and he went to Southampton for big money - I don’t think he was getting a game for them much last year.

If we have a value for a player we should stick to it instead of chasing it or else you become a mark, let’s not forget this lad had a run at the PL before and didn’t make the break through, he also had a couple on uninspiring loans in the Championship to.

We just signed the Championships best player two seasons ago for 16 mill - I doubt this lads value is actually North of that and I’m not sure this lad from Hull is a sure thing.

spot on mate

You'd think the player would want to choose his club pretty soonish with everyone starting pre-season this week.
His agent will no doubt be in his ear telling him to wait, see who folds first and comes back with a better offer etc ( If the rumours are true that multiple clubs want him )

If Hull have accepted all offers then that surely means it’s just a matter of wages. I could imagine Ipswich going high on personal terms whereas we’d need to keep things relative to our structure. So it could well be the case that Ipswich are offering more wages than us and hence the agent trying to squeeze more from us as we are the player’s preference?

There is a risk in every transfer mate, you can’t leave yourself open, two years ago, everyone wanted Lewis Potter - he went to Brentford for big money and hasn’t kicked on as a lot of us expected, we all wanted that Sulemana and he went to Southampton for big money - I don’t think he was getting a game for them much last year.

We just signed the Championships best player the season before last ago for 16 mill - I doubt this lads value is actually North of that and I’m not sure, he’s a sure a sure thing either.
Good post

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back