Transfer Rumour Jadon Philogene

Onana has suitors and a sale is likely in the remaining 2 months of the window.
DCL is more uncertain.
I’m sure they’ll factor that in when considering short term purchases.
I can only see Arsenal being interested in Onana at £50 million + . To be frank I can't see anyone being interested in DCL at £30 million +

Well I'd hope that we have remainder of transfer window, January's window and before end of next june, to sell players if need be, so i see no reason why we cant get this lad in.
Otherwise its all the decent players being sold to other teams (while we try selling players) and when we've finally managed that, we are left with the maupay's of the world left on the shelve.
Or, because weve left it so late, we get highly inflated demands for players like gnonto.

The word from Bobble is the agent has indicated he wants to play for Everton (pinch of salt given the agent) but we’re not getting drawn into a bidding war. In other words we aren’t going to match / beat whatever Ipswich have offered Hull. So a bit of a stand off.
Ahh we are learning from man united 🤔

Well I'd hope that we have remainder of transfer window, January's window and before end of next june, to sell players if need be, so i see no reason why we cant get this lad in.
Otherwise its all the decent players being sold to other teams (while we try selling players) and when we've finally managed that, we are left with the maupay's of the world left on the shelve.
Or, because weve left it so late, we get highly inflated demands for players like gnonto.

Counterpoint: we shouldn't be painting ourselves into corners, being forced to sell players. That's when you start accepting less than you normally would and other clubs know this.

I've watched this guy play maybe once? but I think we can all agree it's not as if he's the difference between us being in and out of Europe. If he was, he'd be much more expensive. That doesn't mean we shouldn't acquire him, but that going outside our comfort zone in terms of cost doesn't make a ton of sense.

Counterpoint: we shouldn't be painting ourselves into corners, being forced to sell players. That's when you start accepting less than you normally would and other clubs know this.

I've watched this guy play maybe once? but I think we can all agree it's not as if he's the difference between us being in and out of Europe. If he was, he'd be much more expensive. That doesn't mean we shouldn't acquire him, but that going outside our comfort zone in terms of cost doesn't make a ton of sense.
Hard one, as paying less money (before teams get desperate and inflate prices of these players), coupled with paying over the odds for left over, sub-standard players later in window because transfer window is coming to a close and teams may not want to lose more players (gnonto, kudus).
Sometimes losing a few million on selling players is better than the crazy mad rush weve been used to

The word from Bobble is the agent has indicated he wants to play for Everton (pinch of salt given the agent) but we’re not getting drawn into a bidding war. In other words we aren’t going to match / beat whatever Ipswich have offered Hull. So a bit of a stand off.

Thanks mate!

So we will be telling the lad to sit tight, looks like Hull have deals in the chamber, though you would imagine the Greaves fee would take care of those.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back