Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Transfer Rumour Jadon Philogene

I get why it will be for better Championship players. I live in Ipswich and my daughter plays for them.

McKenna is a big attraction to players who want to develop. He has a clear way of playing and sets up in every game to win (as they did away to Hull in a crucial game at the end of the season - finishing 3-3 in the end). He was by far the best signing they'll make this summer getting him on a new contract. The talk around the club was that he was all but gone to Brighton, but Chelsea/Man Utd turned his head, neither worked out and Brighton then said no thank you to being second choice.

Players like Greaves and Philogene fit his system and style and would be regular starters. Even if Ipswich go straight down - which if they sort the defence and become a bit more pragmatic against the top sides, they wont - both will have played plenty of top flight football and be better individual players - so either stay and get them straight back up or be able to secure a move to another Prem team.

Would Dyche be guaranteeing either of them a first 11 spot - doubt it. Greaves would be behind Branthwaite (if he stays) and even then, Keane I expect (whatever we may think). I doubt Philogene would start off ahead of either McNeil or Harrison, especially if Ndiaye is in the mix - that would leave us far too open to play Dyche-ball!!

Id counter that by saying Ipswich have a shelf life mate, all those clubs do, could be that Maguire walks out for Chelsea in three months and the club gets thrown into turmoil. For sustainability in the PL you need a broad base. Even at our worst, our broad base of income, fans, status and profile saved us. If Ipswich rely on one thing like a manager - its a short shelf life, they've nothing to fall back on. Sure all going well they may have a good season - but like say Brentford or Burnley before them its only a matter time before the sink drains. I said last year when both Brighton and Brentford were in vogue they would be relegated before us and i still think they will - Brentford made a stab at it last year - those clubs have a shelf life and only a couple of tricks up their sleeve.

Point being, when choosing a club, do you want a 5 year PL contract and profile with a club that hasn't been relegated in 70 odd years, or a team that could be gone with 1-3 seasons.

If the lad chooses a club like Ipswich over us, he's not the right player for here and i wouldn't want him.

Bookies have Leicester, Ipswich and Soton favourites to go straight back down.

I think it is quite simple. He is a good player. If he has a choice of teams between us and Ipswich and chooses Ipswich he is not backing himself to break into our team and be a success. With that mindset he is not for me. I want players who think they can come here and make a difference and push an established player out of the way. I think he can do this, but does he

Assume of course we actually know who he is and have made an offer … lol

Last edited:
Id counter that by saying Ipswich have a shelf life mate, all those clubs do, could be that Maguire walks out for Chelsea in three months and the club gets thrown into turmoil. For sustainability in the PL you need a broad base. Even at our worst, our broad base of income, fans, status and profile saved us. If Ipswich rely on one thing like a manager - its a short shelf life, they've nothing to fall back on. Sure all going well they may have a good season - but like say Brentford or Burnley before them its only a matter time before the sink drains. I said last year when both Brighton and Brentford were in vogue they would be relegated before us and i still think they will - Brentford made a stab at it last year - those clubs have a shelf life and only a couple of tricks up their sleeve.

Point being, when choosing a club, do you want a 5 year PL contract and profile with a club that hasn't been relegated in 70 odd years, or a team that could be gone with 1-3 seasons.

If the lad chooses a club like Ipswich over us, he's not the right player for here and i wouldn't want him.

Yes, I agree with that.

Sometimes wonder if these types of players just want to look like the biggest fish in the pool in the hope that it then leads on to bigger and better things. He may feel that at this stage in his career joining Everton will already be a massive step up and he may fear that his profile will diminish alongside other players who are equally as good if not better. Also think this is where agents have a big say because they will be looking at 1-2 seasons further down the line when another bumper pay day potentially beckons. Pariahs!

Just reading some stuff online and where Bobble was coming from my read is the club have a figure in mind and don’t want to go beyond that - lad might want to come here over Ipswich - might be stuck in brinksmanship, between the player and the clubs.

It’s weird to methat Ipswich have agreed a deal for Greaves and Hull and reported to have agreed a fee for this lad - yet he hasn’t traveled with Greaves - he’s waiting I think.

Just reading some stuff online and where Bobble was coming from my read is the club have a figure in mind and don’t want to go beyond that - lad might want to come here over Ipswich - might be stuck in brinksmanship, between the player and the clubs.

It’s weird to methat Ipswich have agreed a deal for Greaves and Hull and reported to have agreed a fee for this lad - yet he hasn’t traveled with Greaves - he’s waiting I think.
Maybe they live on different bus routes?

Yeah if he really wanted Ipswich he could’ve been there by now. It feels like the agent is doing everything possible to drum up alternative interest which doesn’t suggest he’s that enthusiastic.

I get why it will be for better Championship players. I live in Ipswich and my daughter plays for them.

McKenna is a big attraction to players who want to develop. He has a clear way of playing and sets up in every game to win (as they did away to Hull in a crucial game at the end of the season - finishing 3-3 in the end). He was by far the best signing they'll make this summer getting him on a new contract. The talk around the club was that he was all but gone to Brighton, but Chelsea/Man Utd turned his head, neither worked out and Brighton then said no thank you to being second choice.

Players like Greaves and Philogene fit his system and style and would be regular starters. Even if Ipswich go straight down - which if they sort the defence and become a bit more pragmatic against the top sides, they wont - both will have played plenty of top flight football and be better individual players - so either stay and get them straight back up or be able to secure a move to another Prem team.

Would Dyche be guaranteeing either of them a first 11 spot - doubt it. Greaves would be behind Branthwaite (if he stays) and even then, Keane I expect (whatever we may think). I doubt Philogene would start off ahead of either McNeil or Harrison, especially if Ndiaye is in the mix - that would leave us far too open to play Dyche-ball!!
People really need to get over this weird Dyche loves Keane thing. Hes played him less than any other manager and hardly even gave him a kick last season if we spent 20 mil on a centre half theres no way they'd be behind Keane in the pecking order not that we've even been vaguely linked with Greaves this summer as far as i'm aware.

People really need to get over this weird Dyche loves Keane thing. Hes played him less than any other manager and hardly even gave him a kick last season if we spent 20 mil on a centre half theres no way they'd be behind Keane in the pecking order not that we've even been vaguely linked with Greaves this summer as far as i'm aware.
He played him every game when he came through the door even though Mina was fit, he finally dropped him Witt 4 games to go, he would have been his first choice had Branthwaite or Tarkowski got injured, and he will be back up next seen to them two.
We were lucky tarks ans Branthwaite stayed fit

He played him every game when he came through the door even though Mina was fit, he finally dropped him Witt 4 games to go, he would have been his first choice had Branthwaite or Tarkowski got injured, and he will be back up next seen to them two.
We were lucky tarks ans Branthwaite stayed fit
Alright beetlejuice stand down now.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back