Transfer Rumour Jadon Philogene

Doesn't necessarily mean they're more appealing. Maybe they can offer him more games than we can.
In a white flag waiving event, i agree with Nymzee.
A lot of conclusion making will come ahead if/when he picks another club.
The long and short of it would end up that we dont have a clue any reasoning for his selection process.
Could be something as simple as he likes the east coast?
Might feel a year or 2 under McKenna would benefit him long term instead of Dyche.
They could be offering him twice the salary we are.

I read a West Ham thing the other day that said they had been interested but backed out as they think he is nailed on for us, make of it what you will.

Be very interesting presuming we're still in for him (remembering Bobble had said we had cooled our jets) - but be interesting to see if we have pulling power ahead of Ipswich and Palace as a "big club" - profile seems important to the lad (and his agent).

It would be a depressing day when newly promoted Ipswich are a more appealing club.

I get why it will be for better Championship players. I live in Ipswich and my daughter plays for them.

McKenna is a big attraction to players who want to develop. He has a clear way of playing and sets up in every game to win (as they did away to Hull in a crucial game at the end of the season - finishing 3-3 in the end). He was by far the best signing they'll make this summer getting him on a new contract. The talk around the club was that he was all but gone to Brighton, but Chelsea/Man Utd turned his head, neither worked out and Brighton then said no thank you to being second choice.

Players like Greaves and Philogene fit his system and style and would be regular starters. Even if Ipswich go straight down - which if they sort the defence and become a bit more pragmatic against the top sides, they wont - both will have played plenty of top flight football and be better individual players - so either stay and get them straight back up or be able to secure a move to another Prem team.

Would Dyche be guaranteeing either of them a first 11 spot - doubt it. Greaves would be behind Branthwaite (if he stays) and even then, Keane I expect (whatever we may think). I doubt Philogene would start off ahead of either McNeil or Harrison, especially if Ndiaye is in the mix - that would leave us far too open to play Dyche-ball!!

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back