Transfer Rumour Jadon Philogene

Sounds like we have asked/enquired about a couple of players and not been willing to actual follow through on said interest.
With limited funds and past mistakes, id prefer us to do due dillegence and be certain when we sign someone.
If a young player is unproven in the Prem a loan with a buy option is the most sensible option. As Hull are in a dicey financial situation doubt anything will happen.

Id counter that by saying Ipswich have a shelf life mate, all those clubs do, could be that Maguire walks out for Chelsea in three months and the club gets thrown into turmoil. For sustainability in the PL you need a broad base. Even at our worst, our broad base of income, fans, status and profile saved us. If Ipswich rely on one thing like a manager - its a short shelf life, they've nothing to fall back on. Sure all going well they may have a good season - but like say Brentford or Burnley before them its only a matter time before the sink drains. I said last year when both Brighton and Brentford were in vogue they would be relegated before us and i still think they will - Brentford made a stab at it last year - those clubs have a shelf life and only a couple of tricks up their sleeve.

Point being, when choosing a club, do you want a 5 year PL contract and profile with a club that hasn't been relegated in 70 odd years, or a team that could be gone with 1-3 seasons.

If the lad chooses a club like Ipswich over us, he's not the right player for here and i wouldn't want him.
I agree with you. But I would say that Brentford and Brighton are not just replying on a manager. But yeah they are very small clubs and I would expect them to go down before we do.

Sounds like we have asked/enquired about a couple of players and not been willing to actual follow through on said interest.
With limited funds and past mistakes, id prefer us to do due dillegence and be certain when we sign someone.
Is what it is we have a limit we can put down up front maybe we will look at Asprilla again

I wonder what Villa, Newcastle or even Leeds fans would tell us about this theory?
Haha good point. Although I would say all of those clubs are also smaller than us and have plenty of experience of being in the 2nd tier (or lower) in their recent histories. All those clubs spent time in the 2nd tier in the 80s/90s too, not just recently

I agree, the due diligence will ha e been done, a bid has gone in and looks like the players has chosen Ipswich, we now move onto our 3rd choice

Hold up we have Frazier Fletcher - who seems to have grown a new surname - doubling down with teamtalk!

I think "keen on a move to Everton" is just agent code for give us some more money and he's yours. The agent went way too big with Barcelona - I guess we are a plausible fall back option though (although doesn't everyone know we have no cash?)

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back