Transfer Rumour Jadon Philogene

Who has said that is the case? Bobble is reporting we were advancing in talks with Hull not that they'd given us a price and we matched it but then the goalposts moved. People want us to lowball Hull and hope that the player forces a move to us and screws Hull over. Its not EXACTLY the same situation as Branthwaite but its the same principle.
Mate…they accepted the lower bid from Ipswich before it was increased. I don’t think you know what a lowball offer is.

I'm happy for us to miss out on this lad if we aren't budging on our valuation:

- The agent shenanigans are giving me bad vibes, I wouldn't want anyone like that representing me.
- Given our recent financial difficulties it's imperative that we don't overpay for players.
- The plan and player profile we seem to be targeting makes me feel confident and I trust that we will have other targets in mind (sources have already essentially confirmed this).

Shame cause he's got the magic but we need to enter the Smart Everton era and Dyche + Thelwell have my trust for now.

I'm happy for us to miss out on this lad if we aren't budging on our valuation:

- The agent shenanigans are giving me bad vibes, I wouldn't want anyone like that representing me.
- Given our recent financial difficulties it's imperative that we don't overpay for players.
- The plan and player profile we seem to be targeting makes me feel confident and I trust that we will have other targets in mind (sources have already essentially confirmed this).

Shame cause he's got the magic but we need to enter the Smart Everton era and Dyche + Thelwell have my trust for now.
All well and good till we blow even more on someone else.

Mate…they accepted the lower bid from Ipswich before it was increased. I don’t think you know what a lowball offer is.
I understand what a lowball offer is but I didn't know they'd formally accepted an offer from Ipswich before so that would change my thoughts. Amazing that I just hadn't kept up to date with every single twist and turn of the saga isn't it but accept that maybe I called it wrong rather than being a total idiot who doesn't understand anything like you seem to have decided based on one post.

If we lose out to the mighty Ipswich over a couple of quid, then perhaps @tirion & @davek are right in having reservations about our new owners ?

We have to be backing Mr Thelwell & the manager in the market by hook or by crook. We cannot keep spending peanuts and expecting anything other than bottom 6 battles & ineffective fitba.
Our owner is Farhad Moshiri.

This edgy play you’re trying to make is failing massively

You kno new owners does not just fix the money problems here. Look at newcastle can all have the cash you want you have to have the books in order to spend. The club is doing this so we can soend money in other players not just over soending on one player. Also have not even been taken over so how can you look at them when they dont even have control of the club

The club are dithering over £2m. Thats peanuts in todays market. If this kid is one of our main targets, failure to bring him in is once again failing to back the DOF & manager.

Whilst the lack of investment has been understandable in recent summers due to PSR, this coming year is not as tight financially and we still have one of DCL/Onana to likely leave for a decent fee.

This here is the same attitude United fans have about Branthwaite and how we should be treated with lowball offers.

Manchester Utd fans getting dooey eyed over Sir Jim being a tight arse whilst their CB options still consist of Maguire & Evans.

Our fans bemoan Harrison & McNeil, moan we have no pace or trickery, moan we never sign young baller players to moneyball like Brighton do, then laud EFC playing silly buggers over a paltry £2m on a player that could do bits for the club :lol:

Our owner is Farhad Moshiri.

This edgy play you’re trying to make is failing massively

Moshiri has one foot out of the door. His priority is no longer EFC. Out of himself & The Friedkin Group, the clubs performance next season affects Friedkin far more than it will Mr Moshiri.

If we lose out to the mighty Ipswich over a couple of quid, then perhaps @tirion & @davek are right in having reservations about our new owners ?

We have to be backing Mr Thelwell & the manager in the market by hook or by crook. We cannot keep spending peanuts and expecting anything other than bottom 6 battles & ineffective fitba.
@matty1878 kicking off in Runcorn Maccies as he’s cleaning the floor, wet floor signs aots, but but Dan said we were rich

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back