2024/25 Jake O'Brien

Dyche on Jake O'Brien being overlooked for selection

"The reason why he didn't start is because Michael Keane's had a very strong pre-season and he's a very experienced Premier League player. Jake hasn't got that experience [yet] but he'll learn quickly."

it doesnt even make sense

how can one become an "experienced premier league player" if he gets left out for donkeys like keane.

get in the bin dyche and take all your mates with you.

Dyche on Jake O'Brien being overlooked for selection

"The reason why he didn't start is because Michael Keane's had a very strong pre-season and he's a very experienced Premier League player. Jake hasn't got that experience [yet] but he'll learn quickly."
The best player in the team, who Dyche himself praised after the game for being excellent, is young and inexperienced. Maybe inexperience is better than the experience of repeated failure.

The best player in the team, who Dyche himself praised after the game for being excellent, is young and inexperienced. Maybe inexperience is better than the experience of repeated failure.
The worst player on the pitch for us has more pl minutes than anyone else in the squad and got himself sent off.

It’s a tired reasoning which is as robust as an ice cream sandcastle in the sun

The worst player on the pitch for us has more pl minutes than anyone else in the squad and got himself sent off.

It’s a tired reasoning which is as robust as an ice cream sandcastle in the sun
The ridiculous thing about the experience argument is that a few years ago Keane was a better player than he is now, but the mistakes crept in and clearly played on him resulting in more, and now he looks terrified and hesitant on a football pitch. It's literally an example of experience being a burden not a blessing.

O'Brien doesn't have the burden of years of mistakes on his mind, that's a good thing.

Lyon's starting CB who finish 6th and qualified for European football, and get to a cup final.

Comes to relegation battlers Everton, and is behind an injured not fully fit Michael Keane.

The same Michael Keane who's single handedly played a large portion in us being in numerous relegation battles.

If I was him I'd be on the phone to my agent now, asking what's going on here..

It's shocking.

How does a club who has very limited transfer funds spend 17M (albeit 5/6 upfront) on a CB to be behind 10 months left on his contract calamity Michael Keane..

Kev needs to have a word, better yet just sack Dyche.

I think it was a crazy decision not to start him (and Ndiaye for that matter) even if we didn’t go for a back 3 or whatever. 20 mil is too much to invest in a player that won’t start (with injuries for that matter). 36 mil invested in players that didn’t start. Kev and Dyche got some splainin to do

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.