2024/25 Jake O'Brien

I think it was a crazy decision not to start him (and Ndiaye for that matter) even if we didn’t go for a back 3 or whatever. 20 mil is too much to invest in a player that won’t start (with injuries for that matter). 36 mil invested in players that didn’t start. Kev and Dyche got some splainin to do

Fullkrug, Wan-Bissaka, Maartsen, Barkley and Philogene-bidace all left on the bench today for Villa and West Ham.

It's completely normal not to throw 4 or 5 new signings in straight away. Though obviously I'd rather play with 10 men than see Keane ever play a game for us

Fullkrug, Wan-Bissaka, Maartsen, Barkley and Philogene-bidace all left on the bench today for Villa and West Ham.

It's completely normal not to throw 4 or 5 new signings in straight away. Though obviously I'd rather play with 10 men than see Keane ever play a game for us
All those players likely have capable players playing instead allowing them to bed in.

We have absolute cart horses being allowed to play because they’ve managed to steal a career in the prem.

All those players likely have capable players playing instead allowing them to bed in.

We have absolute cart horses being allowed to play because they’ve managed to steal a career in the prem.

Mostly yeah but I can guarantee Hammers fans are screaming as much as we were today, about having to see Antonio lumbering around up front when they've got Fullkrug sitting there.

The worst thing though is our fullbacks are horrible and there's basically nothing to change there. Grim.

I would agree if we had an established starting 11. Our starting center back was injured and we put in our 4th string to replace him. We have two pensioners at RB as starters. Doucore should absolutely not have started over Ndiaye. Priorities are out of whack. That falls on Dyche and Kev

It was a poor decision from Dyche to start Keane.

Although he would never admit it to the media, I think Dyche knows it was a mistake. Letting his loyalty to a person he likes overrule his tactical evaluation of the player’s skill set.

Moving forward, if two of O’Brien, Tarkowski, and Branthwaite are healthy, I doubt Keane will start again.

Can see you're point, but McNeil absolutely stank the house out today, he had to be hooked, wtf was Dyche watching, loyalty is okay to a point. Lindstrom should have been on at half time.

It was a poor decision from Dyche to start Keane.

Although he would never admit it to the media, I think Dyche knows it was a mistake. Letting his loyalty to a person he likes overrule his tactical evaluation of the player’s skill set.

Moving forward, if two of O’Brien, Tarkowski, and Branthwaite are healthy, I doubt Keane will start again.

I don't think JoB does anything to stop the midfield letting Mitoma run through it from his own half, or Gana giving the ball away in a dangerous area.

Probably would've scored like.

But while he should be playing over Keane...he wasn't at fault today

Can see you're point, but McNeil absolutely stank the house out today, he had to be hooked, wtf was Dyche watching, loyalty is okay to a point. Lindstrom should have been on at half time.

Oh I completely agree. But look around at the starting line ups this weekend and very few, if any, teams started more than 1 new signing, most were on the bench. It's just normal.

Hopefully Dyche now sees that he doesn't have the luxury of 'bedding them in'

You need premier league experience to get premier league experience, but the manager wont give him premier league experience to get premier league experience :lol:

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.