Confirmed Signing James Garner

Status
Not open for further replies.

Seems an ok signing if it comes off, but one thing bothers me. If he was so instrumental in Forest's success last season, then why didn't they sign him? They've signed about everyone else......

Seems an ok signing if it comes off, but one thing bothers me. If he was so instrumental in Forest's success last season, then why didn't they sign him? They've signed about everyone else......

Because the united manager wanted to look him over in ore season but he got a knock - basically the thought was they'd keep him initially, or loan him out again but the player wants proper time not another loan, he's only really been regarded as available the past week, and Forrest recruited for that position rather than wait for someone that may not be available early in the window

Too lightweight and too slow, especially mixed in with our plodders. Got a lot of stick from Forest fans early and mid part of last season, although he did improve during their run-in.
Excellent set piece-taker - strikers would thrive on. Oh.

If we are going to improve the squad, we need one of Gallagher or Broja - ideally both. We will not improve the squad with Garner and/or Gilmour, IMO.

And gis a striker or two. Tar.
Shouldn’t be underestimating the importance of a set piece taker, our lot are absolutely dire. An absolutely glaring weakness a PL team shouldn’t have and I imagine it’s a big part of why we’re after him.

This chancer claimed that Gueye was having a medical at Everton on the 1st August.

I would treat anything from this charlatan with a pinch of salt.
tbf he knows about moves before the players' families do 99% of the time. He has a freakishly high record of getting it right. Many suspect witchcraft, I don't disagree

Shouldn’t be underestimating the importance of a set piece taker, our lot are absolutely dire. An absolutely glaring weakness a PL team shouldn’t have and I imagine it’s a big part of why we’re after him.
It's even more important for teams that lack a cutting edge up front, we definitely need one

I've seen him live a few times and we was defo their main set piece man and often the main playmaker from deeper positions.

Good engine on him too and he's got a bit about him so £14m seems reasonable. Perhaps one for the future if we got him but depends on what style/setup Lampard plays.

Thanks. Yeah £14m can't get you someone amazing these days. And with our financial situation, we can only aim for players who are better than our bench players. So for James Garner - is he better than Gbamin, Gomes, Tom Davies, Dele Alli?

Hope he does well under pressure too, with opposition tend to press really high against us. He is a young player and I think he still need time to find his footing. I do like the fact that we are signing players below 23, although they aren't exciting players but we may find some1 under the radar. Those who are well known are way above our budget.

We still need a striker and I really hope we sign someone soon.

Status
Not open for further replies.