2022/23 James Garner

Status
Not open for further replies.
Garner played well 2nd half.
But would like us to try to pick up some promising young players on the cheap. Having watched that game I'd be looking at Ze Carlos- 21 yr old, plays for Guimares. Aggressive tackler and tidy passer of the ball. He plays right back and defensive midfield. £2.0m transfer value according to Transfermarket website so could get him cheap.
That geezer at lb for Portugal looks mid 30's. He must have got his birth certificate off the same hospital as Yakubu😂

Ofv the top of my head: didn't he switch Unsworth to LB and Fellaini from a DM into a striker?

Joe Royale put him as left back and he kinda stayed there for 2 stints.

Fellaini was changed from a DM to a 2nd striker purely down to the hoofball. But I'm sure he became more box to box for us. Wasn't a million miles away from a CM position he already had.

Again, the "he can do a job" is last chance saloon. That kinda of structure leads us where we are today... lacking in all areas. We don't even have academy players given chances to fill them.

I don’t believe @davek is fishing here.

If Garner is a more reliable and competent right back than injury plagued Patterson then it is a no brainer.

As long as we bring in a midfielder to replace him.
Alot easier finding a Good Rb then it is finding a midfielder with the potential Garner has !!!

I mean all we got to do is look at a young Scottish player we already have on our books...

Really think it will be a waste and a complete failure of transfer policy if he's at RWB regularly next season.

He did a great job on the final day but that shouldn't be seen as long term when his quick passing could be good asset in central midfield going forward.
Like mentioned before, that would be a Travesty to Football !!! 🙄

Joe Royale put him as left back and he kinda stayed there for 2 stints.

Fellaini was changed from a DM to a 2nd striker purely down to the hoofball. But I'm sure he became more box to box for us. Wasn't a million miles away from a CM position he already had.

Again, the "he can do a job" is last chance saloon. That kinda of structure leads us where we are today... lacking in all areas. We don't even have academy players given chances to fill them.

Has he moved to the States :o

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back