2023/24 James Garner

How??? Besic was a headless chicken that ran around and fouled people, and couldn’t pick a pass or shoot to save his life. If you think Garner is in any way a similar type of player to him then you have never watched at least one of these players play football.

He can’t nail down a spot in our midfield because our manager is a moronic dinosaur who’s won 10 games in his last 58 in the league.

How you are describing Besic now isn’t how people were describing him when he was getting a few games at Everton. Believe it or not, Besic was hyped up as if he was some kind of competent central midfielder that was capable of passing the ball forward, but he ended up being yet another hype job.

I do believe there are some similarities in style between Besic and Garner, but that’s not the point I’m trying to make here. I’m talking about quality rather than style, and I’m saying that Garner is not a top quality midfielder in the Premier League.

In terms of quality, I’m saying he’s much closer to a Besic than a Barry or an Osman.

How you are describing Besic now isn’t how people were describing him when he was getting a few games at Everton. Believe it or not, Besic was hyped up as if he was some kind of competent central midfielder that was capable of passing the ball forward, but he ended up being yet another hype job.

I do believe there are some similarities in style between Besic and Garner, but that’s not the point I’m trying to make here. I’m talking about quality rather than style, and I’m saying that Garner is not a top quality midfielder in the Premier League.

In terms of quality, I’m saying he’s much closer to a Besic than a Barry or an Osman.

Barry and Osman aren’t close in terms of quality though are they. One was an actual top class midfielder that won Premier League titles and played in the Champions League and world cups, the other one was a utility player that did a solid job for David Moyes’ Everton over a number of years.

Garner is much closer to Osman in terms of ability than he is to Besic, who was total crap. Garner has already contributed more for us than Besic ever did.

Barry and Osman aren’t close in terms of quality though are they. One was an actual top class midfielder that won Premier League titles and played in the Champions League and world cups, the other one was a utility player that did a solid job for David Moyes’ Everton over a number of years.

Garner is much closer to Osman in terms of ability than he is to Besic, who was total crap. Garner has already contributed more for us than Besic ever did.
That suicide backheel against Chelsea under Martinez was sublime tho. Never seen Garner do anything like that.

He looks decent but don't go too overboard with him guys.

A big reason we lost control of the match was Gana going off and Garner and Onana being in the middle. That's more on the manager than those players though.

He is overhyped on what he’s actually done but I don’t think we have seen the best of him. Dyche can’t seem to find a setup that suits a few of our better players.
He shouldn’t be on the right in a million years, he needs to be dictating play in the middle or trying to supply the strikers with the clever passes.

He looks decent but don't go too overboard with him guys.

A big reason we lost control of the match was Gana going off and Garner and Onana being in the middle. That's more on the manager than those players though.
That’s exactly what happened against Doncaster in reverse. Onana and Garner were poor until Gueye came on.
We have a few half decent players that Dyche can’t seem to fit in his current system.

But this really is my point, Garner is striving to match Osman standards. He’s really not the future central midfield England international* that some people think he is.

*Proper international. Not the internationals that had Tom Davies and Jack Rodwell down as prodigies.

But this really is my point, Garner is striving to match Osman standards. He’s really not the future central midfield England international* that some people think he is.

*Proper international. Not the internationals that had Tom Davies and Jack Rodwell down as prodigies.

Yeah I don’t know who is trying to big him up to be that, or why they’re doing it. He doesn’t need to be that, he just needs to be able to do a job to a good Premier League standard. We haven’t had anywhere near enough players at that level.

That’s exactly what happened against Doncaster in reverse. Onana and Garner were poor until Gueye came on.
We have a few half decent players that Dyche can’t seem to fit in his current system.

I'm willing to let them off, they're both young, the Doncaster game was always gonna be one were they were right up for it and the Luton game was always gonna be tough if we allowed them to get ahead.

We saw the potential of them as a 2 against Villa, but then we protected them in midfield by having wingbacks and even having the option of a third CB stepping in.