2023/24 James Garner

In general been really good this season and I've not had a bad word to say about him, but he was terrible last night.

Solid fixtures coming up and I'm scared.

Some here have demoted one of our most consistent performers to the level of Tom Davies and championship football after losing form at the age of 22 🤦‍♂️
I think the Tom Davies comparison is quite fair myself he is better than Davies but he's similar in the way that he doesn't have much influence on games he's quite good at everything but not very good at anything. I think he's very average at the moment but he's still young hopefully theres more to come from him.

He's not Tom Davies FFS. He needs to play better though. At the beginning of the year he put some surprising performances in at RB and then in the 10 spot, then settled into a good partnership with Onana. I think Gana and his undisciplined style are not a fit for Garner. When Onana sits in front of the CBs, it gives Garner license to roam and it suits him much better.

He's not Tom Davies FFS. He needs to play better though. At the beginning of the year he put some surprising performances in at RB and then in the 10 spot, then settled into a good partnership with Onana. I think Gana and his undisciplined style are not a fit for Garner. When Onana sits in front of the CBs, it gives Garner license to roam and it suits him much better.
He didn't.

I meant RM.

And if he can't come deep to get the ball and progress it up the pitch, he shouldn't be in center midfield.
You have to have people in front of you actually try to get the ball, not just sit and watch.

Plus instructions, especially last night, were to hoof it and bypass anything anyway.

A bang average Championship quality midfielder.
He upped his game when trying to break into the side, now reverted to type.
I don't think he upped his game and reverted to type. He just had a few good games and now he's had a few bad games. He's alright, I don't think anybody expects more at the moment in terms of his output this season.