James McCarthy

Status
Not open for further replies.
For me Mccarthy's the Heart,soul and determination that make's us tick,and when we dont have him,you alot of the time see what happens,he's a work horse who never give's up,the quicker he come's back the faster our team might and hopefully begin to tick [along with the odd other injured player]

It's an odd quirk of fate, although not our most spectacular player we tend to our best performances in when hes marshalling midfield. Theres a few players he operates around that go up a level with him there and drop a level without him.
As much as we have improved, better players, deeper squad, genuine wingers, expensive striker, it is slowly becoming apparent that McCarthy is the fulcrum to our playing well. I couldn't say the same about Rooney at the time (granted he was much younger and capable in terms of amazing moments much more) but it seems we are now reliant on the rep of Eire midfield pounder.

A measurement for how far we have come, or an indication of our limitations?

One of Martinez stupidest mistakes this year was not taking McCarthy off sooner against Wolfsburg....he had a big enough warning when McCarthy pulled up injured the first time, but still sent him back out there to injure himself worse (in a game we didn't even need to win)....now McCarthy had missed atleast 9 games....

We have been poor all season with or without mccarthy.
yeah ,I hear you,but i'm sure we're a better side with him tbh, also think RM has stumbled into McCarthy / besic partnership.When fit ,I can't see him dropping Besic,and if McCarthy hadn't been injured then Besic wouldn't have had the opportunity to shine.
'

No doubt McCarthy is one of the best in team but we are not losing thise games becaose hes not there , we are losing them because Barry is crap this year ,Eto plays ATM and Barkley winger on most games .And last game we even play without wingers so Barry and Eto can play, even do we play game before in diferent formation without those two solid game and won, i would say easy compere to our wins in season .So if Pellegrini can drop Hart why Martinez can't Barry ? In last 3 games he played [Poor language removed], not only one but hes the only one slow so much that my eyes bleed and he got stript two times of ball in front of our goal from behaind witch resoult in goals . He was stript one time even in last game also, but ref save him and he was traying to save us all game. Martinez must show hes a bit more then friend to this players . Let best one plays.

Last edited:
Barry seems to be the fall guy currently and whilst I fully agree if he's deemed poor and out of form he should take a seat on the bench, it can't be ignored that RM poor selections in front of him and the lack of any real chemistry in that front four is bound to be affecting Barry's form and performNces.

Barry seems to be the fall guy currently and whilst I fully agree if he's deemed poor and out of form he should take a seat on the bench, it can't be ignored that RM poor selections in front of him and the lack of any real chemistry in that front four is bound to be affecting Barry's form and performNces.
if you double peoples work load they make mistakes. barry is doing more leg work because mc carthy is missing.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back