Confirmed Signing James Rodriguez

Status
Not open for further replies.
Mad all the shouting about age in here.

I get that buying younger players is about developing a long term squad, but a lot of great squads are built with a balance of youth and experience.

In Richarlison, Holgate, Gordon, Branthwaite, DCL & Kean we have a core of developing, high quality youngsters. Some balanced experience in Rodriguez & Allan will surely benefit the squad (Think Barry, Martyn, Weir, Gough etc. )

His injury history is a massive concern for sure, but his goals and assists record for when he has played are excellent, not far off 1 in 3 goals AND Assists in all comps.

He was great for Colombia in the wold cup in Brazil. Can anyone tell me anything he has done good since?

Him and Goetze just swapped bodies with a couple of bones.

He has played for our current manager twice. A manager who is quite possibly the best in the world, certainly up there.

He knows what he is doing. I could understand more if he was some random bloke but he obviously rates him.

Nobody slightly worried with his fitness/injuries in the last couple of seasons....seems to be injured quite often. Also concerned with his lack of pace...definitely not quick enough to play as a winger in the Premier league...perhaps as a 10 behind the 2 strikers...anyhow Madrid wants to get rid so I guess the transfer fee if there is one will be small. The only thing is the salary...

I want this signing, I mean surely if anything it will make people take notice. It will be easier to attract other players and show ambition. I have no idea if he will be successful or not, Ive not seen him play in a long time. But it does bring some excitement and a moral boost. We need one, anything, right now......

Nobody slightly worried with his fitness/injuries in the last couple of seasons....seems to be injured quite often. Also concerned with his lack of pace...definitely not quick enough to play as a winger in the Premier league...perhaps as a 10 behind the 2 strikers...anyhow Madrid wants to get rid so I guess the transfer fee if there is one will be small. The only thing is the salary...
If he is always injured for us, then we can criticise. We get the benefit of hindsight. It's a massive risk no doubt. I just struggle to see though, how we get to where we want to get to in Carlo's reign without taking risks.

low fee due to a year left on his Madrid deal doesn’t concern me,salary nor so much. The fitness is an issue but looks like a calf problrm has been the issue, hopefully after some time in Madrid’s bench he is fully rested. Rodriguez Even for 25 games a season would be a big help. May help Gordon progress more with less pressure.

no

He has played for our current manager twice. A manager who is quite possibly the best in the world, certainly up there.

He knows what he is doing. I could understand more if he was some random bloke but he obviously rates him.

Its only my observation. I'd rather we spent more on a few decent players. He wouldn't be with the money or hassle.
That said, he gets a nosh off me if we sign him and you can finger my bum if he scores a winner. Deal?

Present me with good news and I’ll embrace it and try to enjoy it.

Present me with bad news I’ll take dissect and give my opinion.

The Esk on the other hand can’t even enjoy a rumour about Everton signing a world class player.

He might be spot on but come on live a little and that.

(Yes he’s shot down us signing Rodriguez)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back