2020/21 James Rodriguez

Status
Not open for further replies.
How did he get on/perform under Benitez at Real?
Didn't start the 1st game, came on as sub. Started the next and scored 2. Played consecutive games until he was injured 1st week September on International duty and didn't play again for 8 weeks, late October/early November. Came on as a sub a few times and started the rest of the games, sometimes taken off in 2nd half, so pretty similar to how he was used here. Benitez was sacked in January. He played 3 league games less than in his 1st season.

How did he get on/perform under Benitez at Real?

Think he actually played more games in all comps than in any other season but he didn't enjoy working under Benitez as much as he did Carlo.

That being said, Benitez was out of the door within a few months wasn't he? Didn't even get a whole season.

Wont miss him too much, still our 2nd most clinical & creative player after Siggy. Just a shame about his fitness issues & poor defensive work rate.

Don't think Benitez would rate him too highly, which is why I suspect he's on his way out. Rafael's teams are extremely organized & well drilled. James is a bad fit.

Wont miss him too much, still our 2nd most clinical & creative player after Siggy. Just a shame about his fitness issues & poor defensive work rate.

Don't think Benitez would rate him too highly, which is why I suspect he's on his way out. Rafael's teams are extremely organized & well drilled. James is a bad fit.

Why would you quote that lunatic?

No reports whatsover that he was an issue in the squad though.

All we know is he can't stay fit. But we knew that when we signed him.

I'm arsed because we have a lot of players who are dreadful and I'm sick of seeing good players come and go and crap players remain.

Everton have worn me down to a state of not arsed.

Nice things and us dont mix so.

Hahahahaha. We aren't allowed nice things you know. When Super Statto is being used to prove a point you know we've fallen hard.

Why would you quote that lunatic?
So I'm a lunatic? I tracked James's stats since the start of the season waiting for him to register his first open play assist.
At the end of the day his stats speak for itself, and pre-assists aside he was an abject failure. Personally I still think he's a good player but there have been some serious double standards put up in recent years, glossing over James's poor stats while simultaneously criticising our other players like Siggy for supposedly being a set piece merchant yet he finished the season with 7x more open play assists & 3.25x more points won Lmao.

So I'm a lunatic? I tracked James's stats since the start of the season waiting for him to register his first open play assist.
At the end of the day his stats speak for itself, and pre-assists aside he was an abject failure. Personally I still think he's a good player but there have been some serious double standards put up in recent years, glossing over James's poor stats while simultaneously criticising our other players like Siggy for supposedly being a set piece merchant yet he finished the season with 7x more open play assists & 3.25x more points won Lmao.

Makes you wonder why the likes of Real Madrid and Bayern Munich overlooked Siggy the Galacticos in favour of Rodriguez lol

Makes you wonder why the likes of Real Madrid and Bayern Munich overlooked Siggy in favour of Rodriguez lol
Nonsense. He was a failure at Madrid, Bayern, Everton... Primadonna but not a pro footballer. Sigurdsson is not great but he at least isnt a coward and little girl like Rodriguez. He should go back to Madrid, perhaps the deluded pensioner will give him playtime until the spanish winter kicks in!

Meh on those stats. When James was at fitness we were playing some of the best togger in the premier league at the beginning of the season and he was key.

The hope would be with a full pre-season behind him he'd have a better crack at it next season with supporters in the ground.

It will be interesting to see what the new manager says in his presser about James future but I wouldn't put much stock in a Marca article for now.

poetic lol lol lol lol lol

Oh ffs, is this the Icelandic stats man or whatever again?

He also doesn't have less open play assists than Iwobi so the stat is already wrong at the start of it.

Meh on those stats. When James was at fitness we were playing some of the best togger in the premier league at the beginning of the season and he was key.

The hope would be with a full pre-season behind him he'd have a better crack at it next season with supporters in the ground.

It will be interesting to see what the new manager says in his presser about James future but I wouldn't put much stock in a Marca article for now.
The stats aren't correct

Status
Not open for further replies.