2020/21 James Rodriguez

Status
Not open for further replies.
On the PL website it says Rodriguez has 4 goals and 3 assists.

I'm sure he had more assists than that in the Premier League?

Aren't assists classed as the last team mate to contribute with the ball before the goal?

Because Rodriguez has played some sublime passes - befuddling opposition defender's - to Richarlison and Digne this season and they've had a simple pass to DCL to net.

He's definitely been more important than statistics would imply.

There was a few occasions last night were where he had 3 Leicester players around him, shielded the ball and shifted it across field opening up space. If we'd had our players in form / fit it would've caused mayhem for Leicester.

This is another reason why I want us to sign another forward with pace who is good enough to start.

Love the way he plays football, was sat with my lad watching the game last night trying to explain how you don't need pace in the legs to be a quality player (Fifa Generation I'm afraid). His ball protection, retention and distribution is light years ahead of anyone we have in the squad. He makes it look so easy.

So wish I could be in the stadium to see him live.

Aren't assists classed as the last team mate to contribute with the ball before the goal?

Because Rodriguez has played some sublime passes - befuddling opposition defender's - to Richarlison and Digne this season and they've had a simple pass to DCL to net.

He's definitely been more important than statistics would imply.
Agree. I think Goal creating chances per 90 mins is a much better stat than just assists

https://fbref.com/en/comps/9/gca/Premier-League-Stats
1611853221062.png

If he has control of the ball in half a yard of space within 30 yards of the goal we’re in business.

I just laughed when he scored last night. Still can’t believe he plays for us. I was expecting his left footer to go in in the 2nd half, it shows the expectation when I was disappointed it went wide

Status
Not open for further replies.