2021/22 James Rodriguez

Status
Not open for further replies.
Still a very useful player for us. Can see him being utilised well in that role behind DCL against teams that sit back against us with his creativity unlocking defenses

Also at what point did it become the common consensus that he was on 200k a week? I thought it was initially reported to be 90k but it seems the narrative suddenly changed when Benitez wanted rid

When a few bellends decided it was mate.

No doubt.

All down to relevance, and that only comes - really - with success on the pitch.

Not sure if/how a transfer can be described as commercially successful - I don't think we'd ever get the insight. I do struggle to see how his fees/wages and marketing costs would be recouped though.
Isn't the "recouped through shirt sales" thing a bit of a myth. Seen a few articles like this

However lousy this player's attitude may be, somehow he needs to be reincorporated into the plans. He may be disappointed that nobody wanted to sign him, but I don't believe his is likely to be sulky and not try his best for his team mates and the club.

No doubt.

All down to relevance, and that only comes - really - with success on the pitch.

Not sure if/how a transfer can be described as commercially successful - I don't think we'd ever get the insight. I do struggle to see how his fees/wages and marketing costs would be recouped though.
Ronaldo put 8% onto Man Utd's share price last Friday. That was £250M right there, before any Merch/Sponsorship/Other they can get off the back of him. Paid for himself a many times over just by turning up.

The biggest problem we have with FFP isn't the wage bill or spending, it's the small size of our income that sets the cap.
The Club is less competitive than others our size because we bring in less from Commercial deals/Sponsorship.

Mate, to me if I was manager I'd be running a mile away from offering a player who doesn't fit my profile and can ignite pockets of resentment against me a place in my team.

I reckon Benitez will see it that way too.
He will. He didn't come down in the last shower did our boss.

Nobody has said anything about starting him in games, all folk are saying is that to not use a player like that off the bench in certain games would be ale house level management. If you think the current kick and rush tactics are going to work against everyone I think you are going to be in for a shock mate. We need a plan B at some point.

This season is ultimately a transition one for me as we simply never had the funds to do the required work in the summer window this year.

1. We aint bad enough to go down

2. We aint good enough to win something / finish top 6

Therefore im happy in Benitez starting to lay the foundations in terms of a recognised system / regular hard-working performances and a shift in the lazy mentality of our squad in preparation for next summer when funds will be there.

If James or anyone else who will be off next season is a detriment to us then I would rather they stay away and hopefully move on in January regardless of how talented they are.

This is a perfect season for the reset button to be pressed - we've seen the last 3 league games of a shift from the last few years I see no benefit in bringing players like James or Siggurdsson back into the fold barring an injury crisis.

Isn't the "recouped through shirt sales" thing a bit of a myth. Seen a few articles like this

Yeah. I’ve a mate who works in Paris for a big accountancy firm and said all that shirt sales thing is a myth. After all the manufacturers and retailers take their cut the club only gets a percentage which isn’t that great.

Not the manager this time.

Backed by £1.8M?

People aren't daft.
Well.. maybe these people

Screenshot_20210901-101848_Chrome.jpg

Can only play in games in which we'll dominate the ball or if we need something off the bench for me. This team can afford no passengers in terms of athleticism and work rate.
That's fair enough. I think it's also fair to say the best way to keep him fit is to you him sparingly anyway. Plus he'll probably be more effective against tiring legs.

Ronaldo put 8% onto Man Utd's share price last Friday. That was £250M right there, before any Merch/Sponsorship/Other they can get off the back of him. Paid for himself a many times over just by turning up.

Everton aren't Man Utd - obviously we aren't publicly listed.

Rodriguez isn't Ronaldo.

That 8% was a temporary uplift - that 8% uplift didn't even top their highest price YTD. No doubt it was shorted.

Are you suggesting Everton have made money on James Rodriguez? You think "Merch/Sponsorship/Other" will cover his fees?

Doubt it myself.

The biggest problem we have with FFP isn't the wage bill or spending, it's the small size of our income that sets the cap.
The Club is less competitive than others our size because we bring in less from Commercial deals/Sponsorship.

It's years of paying big bucks for players and getting sod all back that's done us.

Status
Not open for further replies.