2021/22 James Rodriguez

Status
Not open for further replies.
"We get the first goal after a high collective pressure that leads to a corner. I think that is generally something new. We are good at pressure, cover and balance, and we can constantly adjust our pressure and keep about the same intensity and aggressiveness." : as i said... everton now do a high presure, thats a new thing on DEFENSE. the goal came from a set piece,wich is a total diferent department on OFFENSE (same can be said about DEFENSIVE set pieces, different departments).

"At the second goal, Southampton are in good balance, but we still manage to break them down" : what? second goal comes from a header coming from yet ANOTHER SET PIECE.. whats that thing you call about southhampton being well balanced? .

everton relies on set pieces and fast breaks on OFFENSE , thats cool an totally viable, but you need a plan B. have you seen any 1-2 to bypass defenders or any passes tru the CBs for DCL to go hand to hand with the GK? (dont even count that 1 he got FROM A LOST BALL at Midfield wich is in by all means, once again Steal-fastbreak counter) . what would everton do if they sit back and set a double 4 line or even a 4/5 line to defend?

from what ive seen everton will trow a gazzillion frontal crosses, see the matches , count em up and determine how many of those were from lateral positions.... we need a plan B

We relied on set pieces last season with James in the team.

I cant imagine how frustrated James must be.
Turned up and played pre-season. Then clearly the club and manager have decided that they want his wage bill off the books so he's been sidelined.
They couldn't move him in the window and now there's rumors of turkish clubs taking him.
Christ, just pay his wages, play him in some games and make the most of his talents on the pitch and media reach off the pitch.
The club and manager are making a bags of this, it cant be that difficult.

The second goal that AD scores, do you think comes from a corner? See from 7.26. Here, Southampton are in balance.
i was refering to the Richardlison goal to tie vs southamp (wich comes from a set piece). yes the doucure goal was a good play (with an extremely lucky/nice finish) , also the DCL header FROM A LATERAL CROSS (few of them tru the season so far) but at that time southamptn was triying to equalize and steped a bit too far up
We relied on set pieces last season with James in the team.
probably, wich is a good reason to have him around specially if Voldemort is getting exiled to the nearest....galaxy.

But this isn't true

We didn't lose v Sheff Utd at home because James was playing mate. We lost because Keane completely switched off, for example.

Now, was Doucoure often having to stay deep to cover for James? Maybe, but that was on the manager at the time was it not?

We now have a different manager and given Townsend or Iwobi would be playing wide, would they not be the ones covering if needed, allowing Doucoure still to bomb on, for example?

It's far too easy and lazy to say that we lost because of James when it's really not the case in any game.
I never said we lost because of James did I....
But you can't deny that there were periods in games where we struggled due to teams targeting his side if the pitch....
That's not solely down to him as apart from individual errors it's a team effort...
But ancelotti set up to rely on James being the match winner more often than not, which meant we struggled when he was off it

No, we're saying a manager needs to have more than one way of playing.

We're also anticipating that will take time so while a player of James' quality is here you don't actively look to move him on when the club can't replace him.

So he should stay, be part of the squad until January, and then we can reassess in that window.

This is about Everton not weakening themselves.
Benitez knows we have to alternate from time to time - even in-game - and I think he was trying to get a creative player in behind the attackers during the window, to no avail. But that creative has also to get their head down and work. Therein lies the dilemma with James.

That's fine, I don't disagree fully, but we can't currently replace anyone

And unlike 4-5 of those players, James provides real quality on a consistent basis.

Would love to see him having Gray and Richarlison and Doucoure as options for him to be picking passes to in certain games. Do you not think that would help us?

Sorry to just dive in but for me this is the nub of this debate - nobody is disputing he'll offer positives in terms of chances, assists and goals.

But the issue is whether he'll also open up weaknesses in the new manager's system given the way he plays.

I'd love him to play. He could be that extra special ingredient. It's just a gamble isn't it?!

Ffs You lads need to get a life. No wonder there is over 200 pages on James because of silly posts such as these. By looking at other players Instagram pages they all seem to be on break. For example, Allan seems to be in Paris with his family, DCL seems to be enjoying a day with a friend, Richy seems to be flying over the Amazon.

View attachment 138174

View attachment 138175
View attachment 138176

so stop making a big issue over James being on a yacht with some mates.

Now when it comes to vaping. It seems there have been and there are plenty of footballers that like to smoke or vaping and as far as I know that’s not prohibited in professional football.

Such as Ashley Cole

View attachment 138177

Wayne Rooney

View attachment 138180

Steven Bilic

View attachment 138178

Fabien Barthez

View attachment 138179
Even James former coach is a smoker.

View attachment 138181

Some younger players are even vaping on the field.

View attachment 138182

Moreover and I quote “advice from all official bodies in the UK is that it is always preferable to vape than to smoke.”

So those of you pooping your pants over James being on a Holiday and vaping should go home and change your underwear as it is probably full of stains already.

So it seems some lads here like to hammer James but can’t take It when someone hammers back and take it personal because that’s exactly what has happened with @R.Reddington as he decided to PM the message below but he seems to be too coward to post his sentiments in the open.

309BA52C-A4BF-472A-81C3-86E30F8C8B77.webp

But since I’m such a pity of a woman and have no shame let me respond to you here. There is no need to feel sorry for my family, they are loved and cared for. So keep your concerns for your own family I don’t need your concerns for mine.

Attachments

• 9AB30C6C-340C-44EC-94C9-615D10192CE2.webp
    9AB30C6C-340C-44EC-94C9-615D10192CE2.webp
    41.8 KB · Views: 74

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back