2021/22 James Rodriguez

Status
Not open for further replies.
I hope he refuses to play unless he can wear
So it seems some lads here like to hammer James but can’t take It when someone hammers back and take it personal because that’s exactly what has happened with @R.Reddington as he decided to PM the message below but he seems to be too coward to post his sentiments in the open.

View attachment 138308

But since I’m such a pity of a woman and have no shame let me respond to you here. There is no need to feel sorry for my family, they are loved and cared for. So keep your concerns for your own family I don’t need your concerns for mine.
its ok sassy, he’ll probably blame it on autocorrect like last time when he used a racial slur to Matty.

100% agree there Dave

Ideal world Diaz comes in and James goes and it solves the issue. Wouldn't say he's 'creative' like James is but he'd have brought dynamism and another option.

That didn't happen, so now both James and Benitez have to make something of a compromise. James has to show he wants to work for the team, which I think he will if motivated correctly, and as a manager, part of the skill is surely to find ways to motivate players.
Disagree. This isn't a democracy; football teams have a manager and he decides what players do, he doesn't have to meet any player half way.

Benitez will be within his rights to keep James well away from the bench even if he so chooses.

Some fans might grumble at any such treatment for a player, and that's fine for them. But he's the boss and - as far as I'm concerned - he'll get backing over any decision he makes on any player until such time as he's demonstrated his way is the wrong way.

Dont overestimate the level of support James has in relation to Benitez. The vasy vast majority will accept the manager's view on that player as long as we're doing ok and not falling into the bottom half of the table.

Only one winner here, and it's not the feller who takes private jet rides like some people take bus journeys.

Disagree. This isn't a democracy; football teams have a manager and he decides what players do, he doesn't have to meet any player half way.

Benitez will be within his rights to keep James well away from the bench even if he so chooses.

Some fans might grumble at any such treatment for a player, and that's fine for them. But he's the boss as far as I'm concerned and he'll get backing over any decision he ,makes oin any player until such time as he's demonstrated his way is the wrong way.

Dont overestimate the level of support Jamesd in relation to Benitez. The vasy vast majority will accept the manager's view on that player as long as we're doing ok and not falling into the bottom half of the table.

Only one winner here, and it's not the feller who takes private jet rides like some people take bus journeys.

The 'compromise' on Benitez's part is finding a way that we can play which James can fit into at times. Not all the time, not at the expense of the system or other players, but there has to be some give. There's no point putting James in the side expecting him to spend 60 minutes doing doggies is there. Now while he has to work hard, we also want him using his energy in the area of the game he can affect. He's a better passer than he is a presser, for example.

Of course he'd be 'within his rights', and we as fans would be well within our rights to call him a ted for it.

Come on mate, his actions are indefensible.

I get your a big fan of his as a gifted footballer but clearly Benitez has got his number in terms of him being a terrible professional.

Ey?

He was given the weekend off like all the players and went to Ibiza with a few mates, played some basketball at a school and he's now back in the UK by his latest post.

I don't get how that is 'indefensible'? He was, quite literally, given time off. Whether we think he needed it or not or whatever, it was Benitez who made the decision to allow the squad some free time? The club will have authorised his trip.

I mentioned Luke Ayling earlier. Out on the Otley Run in Leeds and then went to the Josh Warrington fight on Sat, 10/12 hours on the ale.

James went on a yacht and vaped.

Ey?

He was given the weekend off like all the players and went to Ibiza with a few mates, played some basketball at a school and he's now back in the UK by his latest post.

I don't get how that is 'indefensible'? He was, quite literally, given time off.

Vaping. Unprofessional, end of story.

It'll also be interesting to know whether the club sanctioned a location that means he now misses weeks due to self isolation and a resultant lack of squad training.

Vaping???

I've edited my post now but Leeds' Luke Ayling was literally on the ale for a day.

He's unprofessional too then. No idea what your point is here.

He's paid millions to be an employed athlete and is expected to maintain top physical shape. It doesn't mean live like a nun, but there's certain expectations and, clearly, smoking/vaping isn't expected of them.

EzAYTwfW8AI9awY.webp

We better never sign Jude Bellingham

Vaping. Unprofessional, end of story.

It'll also be interesting to know whether the club sanctioned a location that means he now misses weeks due to self isolation and a resultant lack of squad training.

You do know you can vape, without nicotine - just flavoured and no nicotine content ?

As @BlueToff says there’s no isolation required upon return from Spain.

He's unprofessional too then. No idea what your point is here.

He's paid millions to be an employed athlete and is expected to maintain top physical shape. It doesn't mean live like a nun, but there's certain expectations and, clearly, smoking/vaping isn't expected of them.

Messi and Neymar both smoke (or have done in the past)

I don't mind you suggesting it's mad that he 'needs' a holiday after doing F all other than train. I agree. But he was given one.

Him vaping is hardly some really unprofessional thing to do.

Messi and Neymar both smoke (or have done in the past)

I don't mind you suggesting it's mad that he 'needs' a holiday after doing F all other than train. I agree. But he was given one.

Him vaping is hardly some really unprofessional thing to do.

It is. Same as the laughing gas or whatever it was a few years ago.

I'm sure loads smoke/drink/cocaine/the lot; makes no odds, I'm calling him unprofessional and saying it is simply the latest in a long line of evidence that he has an absolutely dreadful approach to his career.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back